PDA

View Full Version : New Etrac's first 5 hours.

Fire Fighter 43
09-13-2010, 07:30 PM
This is my take from the first 5 hours with the Etrac. This is from a site that has produced over 100 wheats and 26 silver coins with the V3i.
My first thought is, I am impressed with how the Etrac locks onto a coin. It also has great separation capabilities and goes deep with little tweeking.
I found 8 wheats and one of the Rosies in an area about 30' x 30'. I had covered it in the oposite direction with the V3i. The other 11 wheats, rosie and the 1907 Indian are from a trashy area on this site that I had not covered before.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/firegolf43/IMG_0523.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/firegolf43/IMG_0524.jpg

Epi-hunter
09-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Congrats on the silver!!

Glad you like the E-Trac. Two great detectors; sounds like they have both done well for you! :) I will welcome your further observations. :)

coinnut
09-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Glad you like it. It does have pretty nice separation for such a large coil. I think you did exceptionally well for your first time out. It is fairly easy to use straight out of the box. I bet it produces more coins from that area that were masked by junk. It has a hunger for silver lol Looks like you have a very popular site to detect. Congrats on your maiden voyage :clapping:

milco
09-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Great maiden voyage with the E-Trac. I would love to try one of those machines someday!

xzlr8n
09-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Great digs!! I'd be interested hearing your V3i vs. eTrac comparisons. As I only own a V3i (update), I hope the V3i is in the same league or better yet same ball park. Anyway, congrats on all the good targets, looks like you had a lot of fun.

coinnut
09-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Great digs!! I'd be interested hearing your V3i vs. eTrac comparisons. As I only own a V3i (update), I hope the V3i is in the same league or better yet same ball park. Anyway, congrats on all the good targets, looks like you had a lot of fun.

From everything I have seen and read. I'm starting to think that the E Trac and V3i are like comparing apples to oranges. The E Trac is an easy, out of the box machine, that goes fairly deep without many controls. The V3i seems to be a machine for people that like gadgets and computers, and want (almost) total control of the adjustments on their machine. Two different machines for two different people. I think each machine can and will get the best depths that are possible so far. But the E Trac in the hands of a person who wants to adjust everything will not make them happy, just like a V3i in the hands of a person that wants to turn on and go hunt, will not work for them either. Comparisons have always been about the user and their experience with a particular machine, but I feel it has never been so important a requirement as it is on these two machines. Just my thoughts on them. :confused:

Ill Digger
09-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Boy that didn't take long lol
I think you and the ET are getting along pretty good thumbsup01
Awesome first run :happydance01:
Congrats :grin:

jkress
09-14-2010, 06:51 PM
That's a great first 5 hours FF43.

Keep on posting your finds.

Congrats.

Jason in Enid
09-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Now you see why so many people love thier E-Tracs!! congrats on your first 5 hours.

RobW
09-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Much better than my first hunts with my E-trac...congrats

kenfen
09-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Congrats on the first outing! I remember you really tearing it up with the V3i and I'm sure you'll do most excellent with the E-Trac. I love mine. I'd be interesting in hearing your comparisons as well once you get more hours in on the E....

Kind Regards, Ken

RobW
09-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Ok, I'm getting beginners luck envy.... Still can't find any silvers....George (coinnut) still apparently has my MoJo. It seems to be slowly coming back

coinnut
09-20-2010, 07:46 PM
George (coinnut) still apparently has my MoJo. It seems to be slowly coming back

I believe Angel is collecting everyone's Mojo and he will super explode soon lol Then we can all have ours back thumbsup01

Jason in Enid
09-21-2010, 07:56 AM
We need to get Dr. Evil to go back in time to steal Angel's mojo!!