PDA

View Full Version : Insane hunt yields 14 century coins

wisconsin digger
12-07-2019, 05:54 PM
Hard to explain but don't pinch me because I don't want to wake up. I went out today to find some clad dimes and maybe an old coin or 2. WOW, can't explain it but it was a crazy hunt. Of course I needed a few clad dimes to hit a goal and I find a coin spill of nothing but dimes for a total of 5. It took about 15 minutes to find the dimes I needed so I spent the rest of the time trying to find an old coin. I can only explain it as perfect ground conditions or I don't know what it was but I found more Indians and Barber dimes then I can ever remember finding. One of the Indians actually has the brown copper color yet. In total I got 5 Barber Dimes and 7 Indians along with 4 Mercury's and 2 wheats (one a 1916). I also found a 1893 Dog Tag. What a day. I also posted the results of several previous hunts as well, that included a really nice 10K ring with a sterling base. Let it snow now as I am good Wisconsin Digger

Bucknut
12-07-2019, 08:04 PM
What??!!! That is insane! Everyone needs to end their season like that. I am very jealous.

Big congrats!!!!

Cheap Thrills
12-07-2019, 08:30 PM
Wow ! Congratulations ! You attended the Barber College .

1893 , I guess it's safe to say that dog hasn't needed that License for some time .

Lodge Scent
12-08-2019, 08:34 PM
"What a day" is an understatement ! That is a lot of silver! Dog tag is pretty cool too.

Donnie B
12-08-2019, 09:48 PM
1800's dog tags are rare finds. Awesome hunt.

Ill Digger
12-08-2019, 09:49 PM
That's a crazy good day!!
Congrats!!:grin:

I'd love to see the dog tag. Ones from the 1800's are pretty rare. And I love those old dog tags! :smitten:
Is it "tax" or "tag"?

OxShoeDrew
12-09-2019, 06:55 AM
So many nice keepers! Love that dog tag!!! :congrats:

Ill Digger
12-09-2019, 07:35 AM
I'd love to see the dog tag. Ones from the 1800's are pretty rare. And I love those old dog tags! :smitten:
Is it "tax" or "tag"?

Not sure why, but I couldn't see the picture of the tag or the ring. But they're there now! Very nice tag! And it's a TAX tag!:yahoo: Love those! :loveit:
And that ring ain't too shabby either! This hunt might been deserving of a banana dance! :bananadance:

wisconsin digger
12-09-2019, 10:07 AM
Thanks all, I certainly wish I could figure out what caused this day to produce all the deep finds. I still think the very slight frost in the ground had something to do with it as I have covered this area several times already. All these coins were deep except for one Merc and that was a really good signal. A lot of the coins had junk in the hole so I am thinking because of the ground condition the coin signals were coming out more than the junk. It definitely has me thinking of buying an Equinox if this is was is getting missed. It sure was a fun day but the 4 and 1/2 hours definitely wiped me out the next day. WD

Noah
12-09-2019, 06:23 PM
That's an insane hunt. Been thinking everything has been found and then you post this! :thumbsup01:

Tony Two-Cent
12-13-2019, 08:16 AM
Don't you just love it when the conditions are just right to get that extra depth? Five Barber Dimes and seven Indian Heads in one hunt is mind blowing! The dog tag and the ring are super nice also. A day like that will put a smile on your face every time!

:perfect10:

Seabornescout
12-13-2019, 03:20 PM
Wow!! Now that is a banner day. Very impressive. :thumbsup02: :omg:

Ill Digger
12-14-2019, 01:43 AM
Let it snow now as I am good Wisconsin Digger

:hystericallaugh: I bet you are!! That would be either very calming or very disturbing for the next 4 months.:lol:
That was one stellar day!
Congrats! :grin:

badgers325
12-23-2019, 11:39 AM
Congrats WI Digger! Incredible day.