PDA

View Full Version : Real Counterfeit or Real?

OxShoeDrew
12-26-2019, 12:13 PM
A few field hunts of late netted everything in the picture save the Half Real, which was found this morning...in my yard! Don't hate me :lol:

It was six or seven inches down and rang up like a zincoln, which is a bit lower than the other reales I found...but not much. It looks odd too.
The Merc is the worst example I've ever seen :lol:
Thanks!

Full Metal Digger
12-26-2019, 01:02 PM
Odd coin for sure. Reverse looks silver and obverse looks copper! I would weigh it and see how many grams. That might solve it. Donnie might have buried it in your yard just to mess with your head! :pirate:

OxShoeDrew
12-26-2019, 01:41 PM
Donnie might have buried it in your yard just to mess with your head! :pirate::lol:...Donnie wouldn't do such a thing...but his partner in crime might :lol:

Bucknut
12-26-2019, 02:00 PM
Hope that the Real is real. Cool that you found it in your yard!

I think that merc is the worst example I have seen too! But it is silver and silver is not easy to find.

OxShoeDrew
12-26-2019, 02:51 PM
Thanks Bucknut! I'm actually hoping for it to be a counterfeit. It would still be from the time period and would lend some character to it. Although I don't think this is a counterfeit, there was a counterfeiter living on our property in the 1700s. He was caught and lost most his property.

badgers325
12-26-2019, 04:37 PM
Thanks for posting. Cool items. Mind if I door knock your house? Congrats on the finds!!

OxShoeDrew
12-26-2019, 06:52 PM
Mind if I door knock your house? :lol: Anytime!!

Lodge Scent
12-27-2019, 09:51 AM
Very nice Drew. My first reaction was it's a counterfeit. That indeed does make it more interesting. You've managed to sniff some coppers out of your yard also if I recall ??

I think that merc is the worst example I have seen too! But it is silver and silver is not easy to find.

Bucknut, I have to disagree. That is one on the coolest Mercs I have seen. :thumbsup01:

OxShoeDrew
12-28-2019, 06:32 AM
You've managed to sniff some coppers out of your yard also if I recall ??
Thanks, Jeff...yeah, I have found some coppers, and they come out in very nice condition...and a trime. Thanks, Bud!

The Rebel
12-28-2019, 07:18 PM
Very nice finds Drew! Must be nice to go out & hunt your yard. The obverse looks funny based on how the lettering looks but I'm no expert. Somebody sure had a something against that merc, sheesh.

Ill Digger
12-28-2019, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't say I hate you.....:thinkingabout: Does it make me wanna :barf::barf::barf:? Well.... yeah! So. :dontknow:

BTV said it best when he told me "it's all relative" it still makes me a bit "envious" :lol: Great find anywhere, but in your own yard? That's awesome! :yahoo::happy:
Congrats Drew! :grin:

Somebody sure had a something against that merc, sheesh.
Yeah they did! :shocked03: :lol:

del
01-03-2020, 06:02 AM
Drew , the real does look a bit suspect of being a counterfeit and I agree these would be better than a real silver one in my opinion . Congrats .

Dan

Donnie B
01-04-2020, 11:24 AM
:lol:...Donnie wouldn't do such a thing...but his partner in crime might :lol:

Donnie's digging partner would never do that!:devilish:

calabash digger
01-05-2020, 09:44 AM
Nice finds!