PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Hunt with the Deep Digger Duo

Tony Two-Cent
03-09-2020, 01:44 PM
Yesterday I got out with Digger Don and Digger Al in a town on the banks of the Wabash River. I have a love/hate relationship with river towns. The soil is always very sandy and the old coins seem to sink too deep to find. On the other hand, the coins you do manage to find are always in great shape.

The weather was perfect, sunny with a high of 67 but the day started off very slow. The finds picked up in the afternoon though and Don and Al both went home with some nice coins and relics. My day was below average but I had a great time anyway.

Here are my coins for the day:

The sandy soil is kind to the copper cents:

Here are my relics:

As always, it was great fun detecting with Don and Al!

Thanks for looking and happy hunting! :beerbuddy:

Digger Don
03-09-2020, 03:28 PM
I would call 3 Indians and 3 silvers a great day any day!! It was a perfect day for detecting, probably the nicest day so far this year.
Looks like you were the wheaty king as well. I got 11 to your 14. nice job!
Lets do it again soon!!!:detecting:

Bucknut
03-10-2020, 06:59 AM
That is a solid day of digging! I know I am in the minority but I have always liked early wheats.

Full Metal Digger
03-10-2020, 03:16 PM
Good group of finds Tony! That 1901 IHC is a stunner! It even still has traces of the brown color. Well done. Sure am looking forward to hunting with you again some day.

Ill Digger
03-10-2020, 10:14 PM
Sounds like a great time with the DDD!
And any day you can go home with a few silvers its a good day! And a few Indians for good measure? Gotta love it!
Congrats Tony! :grin:

Next time y'all hook up for a hunt let me know. I'll see if i can make it too.

wisconsin digger
03-14-2020, 02:43 PM
Looks like you guys has a great hunt. Lots of recoveries. Congrats to all. Looks like you were the wheatie King for the day. WD

Tony Two-Cent
03-18-2020, 10:32 AM
Next time y'all hook up for a hunt let me know. I'll see if i can make it too.

We definitely need to get together for a hunt, Tim! It has been too long!

Donnie B
03-18-2020, 07:35 PM
Great hunt and fantastic condition on those coins!