PDA

View Full Version : Sidewalk surfing with the ETrac

trout-hunter
09-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Went back to the lot up the street to clear my head and no luck there, so I decided to sidewalk surf and things started to happen but nothing great, just a bunch of memorials and heading back to the truck I gave it one last shot and the Trac stuck on 12-46 and about 8 inches down I hit on this nice 42 Merc and a new Alaska quarter about 2 feet away along with some sort of token that says play dime and a 55 wheatie.
George, I am getting to like that 2 tone ferrous stuff.

del
09-16-2010, 02:03 PM
very nice Ernie , the merc is a sweet find . congrats

Jason in Enid
09-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Good job on that silver! I haven't done much sidewalk surfing yet, but I know it can be good. When I write it out like that I feel dumb for not giving it more of a go!! :confused:

coinnut
09-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Went back to the lot up the street to clear my head and no luck there, so I decided to sidewalk surf and things started to happen but nothing great, just a bunch of memorials and heading back to the truck I gave it one last shot and the Trac stuck on 12-46 and about 8 inches down I hit on this nice 42 Merc and a new Alaska quarter about 2 feet away along with some sort of token that says play dime and a 55 wheatie.

Hey Ernie, Nice deep hit on that Mercury :shocked04: No luck at that lot? I would have hoped you'd pluck a coin or two from it. :confused: Sidewalk surfing isn't a bad idea, especially in your area. It's kinda old and there should be more silvers hiding there. There are lots of sidewalk strips to cover on all them side streets.

George, I am getting to like that 2 tone ferrous stuff.

lol It is kinda nice to only hear two tones instead of many. But it isn't for all places. In a park with a ton of non ferrous targets, Multi / Conduct is still the best choice. But if you don't mind looking at the screen a bit more, two tone is not a bad choice. I'd hit some more of them strips, they are local and it's good to get out of the house for a bit!! Nice job on the silver :clapping:

rsarge1
09-16-2010, 07:48 PM
the merc is a sweet find . congrats wtg