PDA

View Full Version : Iron Canister Shot Trifecta

Full Metal Digger
04-17-2020, 06:28 PM
Hello Diggers,
I got out for a couple hours yesterday at the 1794 battle site and got my first-ever trifecta of canister shot. 3 different sizes: 3/4 inch, 1 inch, and 1 1/2 inches. Here's the before and after pics. Thanks for looking and stay safe and healthy!

Tony Two-Cent
04-18-2020, 06:51 AM
You are saving lots of history over there, Dave! They cleaned up beautifully. Do you use electrolysis?

Full Metal Digger
04-18-2020, 07:10 AM
Do you use electrolysis?

Yes I do! Through trial and error I have pretty much got it dialed in just exactly right.

OxShoeDrew
04-18-2020, 04:36 PM
SO COOL!! You're going to have some heavy luggage! Nice job, as always!

BTV Digger
04-20-2020, 04:01 AM
Wonderful finds Dave! The bottom pic with all the iron ammo and frags looks so cool! Do you plan on some sort of display for them. I imagine collectively they're quite heavy.

John

Full Metal Digger
04-20-2020, 10:26 AM
Wonderful finds Dave! The bottom pic with all the iron ammo and frags looks so cool! Do you plan on some sort of display for them. I imagine collectively they're quite heavy. John

Hey John, Thanks for commenting. I plan to display them once I get back to America. They are actually not too heavy because they are in small pieces. The 18-pound cannonball, now that's another story! I imagine it will be in a box by itself with lots of padding so it can't move.

Lodge Scent
04-20-2020, 10:35 AM
That is just too cool Dave. You will have to give us a tutorial on your electrolysis procedure when you get back. :)