PDA

View Full Version : New machine finds history

del
04-26-2020, 02:55 PM
Yesterday Donnie Ron and myself headed out to the woods to hit some well known sites and check on a couple of possible cabin sites . The weather was about perfect springtime temps , hiking is always good this time of year and I could use the exercise . On this particular excursion I had brought a new machine as my old DFX of 15+ years is getting pretty tired so I've been wanting some thing with newer technology and settled for a XP Deus 67941 . This machine takes a bit time to get use to the sounds ( like listening to a clown making balloon animals) at first especially coming from the flutie tones of the DFX , to say I was out of my element for the first few hours is an understatement . Donnie let me hear a few "good" targets to help me understand and train the ear to what I wanted to listen for , that is the character of a man of good quality right there . it helped a lot :yes: My top find for the Deus maiden voyage was a Revolutionary war British 62nd regiment button 67942 This button was most likely taken from a British prisoner's uniform after the capture of some 6,000 men at the Battle of Saratoga in 1777 or could of been a "spoils" taken from a continental soldier to remember battle and victory . Either way it is a remarkable piece of American history !

This spot where it was found is credited to Donnie's research and Ron's great eyes on spotting the cabin site where the button was found . The rest of the finds non ferrous finds67943 the spoon cleaned up well to show off some silver67944 and all the iron 67945 and the iron67946 :lol: and lastly I have always heard of stories but I seen a real "land urchin" 67947

Dan

aloldstuff
04-27-2020, 04:56 AM
Sounds like a great inaugural hunt with your new machine. Kudos to Donnie for the lessons also. Very nice piece of history you recovered and I hope you and your new machine find much,much more.

OxShoeDrew
04-27-2020, 05:03 AM
Congratulations on the button and the new machine! I was wondering when I read you asking Jeff some very specific questions about his settings.
:lol:@ clown balloons. Jeff let me run his one day and I'd agree, that's an apt description. I'm glad you're getting used to it.
I bet your arm was wondering when the work out was going to start. :)
Good luck with it, Dan!

Donnie B
04-27-2020, 05:30 AM
"like listening to a clown making balloon animals" - ROFLMAO! :rofl:

Great find on the Revolutionary War button, Danny. Congrats! What a great day!67948

Lodge Scent
04-27-2020, 07:27 AM
That is the way to break in a new machine Dan. Congrats on a great find! You must be using Full Tones ?? Multi Tones is much nicer on the ears IMO. You will of course dig less iron as you get used to the machine. Great start!

del
04-27-2020, 05:16 PM
Sounds like a great inaugural hunt with your new machine. Kudos to Donnie for the lessons also. Very nice piece of history you recovered and I hope you and your new machine find much,much more.

Thanks Al , I really wasn't expecting much . Just to be out on a nice day with friends and get a bit familiar with the new machine , hopefully get a couple of buttons .

Congratulations on the button and the new machine! I was wondering when I read you asking Jeff some very specific questions about his settings.
:lol:@ clown balloons. Jeff let me run his one day and I'd agree, that's an apt description. I'm glad you're getting used to it.
I bet your arm was wondering when the work out was going to start. :)
Good luck with it, Dan!

:lol: Thanks Drew , the arm felt great after the 12 hour day .

"like listening to a clown making balloon animals" - ROFLMAO! :rofl:

Great find on the Revolutionary War button, Danny. Congrats! What a great day!67948

I'm still in a bit of awe , sometimes its that one find that makes your whole hunt , day or even month ! It was great sharing it with you and Ron . Thanks

That is the way to break in a new machine Dan. Congrats on a great find! You must be using Full Tones ?? Multi Tones is much nicer on the ears IMO. You will of course dig less iron as you get used to the machine. Great start!

Jeff I was in a two tone iron pitch program but I wanna try a multi tone one , I don't mind digging the iron in the old spots . Thanks

Donnie B
04-28-2020, 11:54 AM
This button has a Banner Vote from me! :perfect10::perfect10::perfect10:

CTTodd
04-29-2020, 07:21 PM
That’s how you start with a new machine. Good for you

badgers325
04-30-2020, 07:42 AM
Congrats on the button Dan! That is fantastic. Enjoyed reading about balloons and land urchins as well. Just like mother nature adapting to new ways, you adapt to a new machine.

Noah
05-05-2020, 09:06 PM
That’s a dream find in my book!:clapping:

Ill Digger
05-05-2020, 09:29 PM
Another tool in your box of tricks Dan.
And it looks like you'll have it down soon enough , specially when you have a buddy like Donnie around to help to you "flatten the curve". :lol:
Sweet button!
Congrats! :grin:

calabash digger
05-06-2020, 08:03 AM
Man what a find!! Congrats!