PDA

View Full Version : FIFTH Colonial Shoe Buckle for the year!

Donnie B
04-27-2020, 06:51 AM
Got out Saturday with Danny and Ron for some colonial cellar hole digging. It was a beautiful day for digging and I was quickly shedding clothes as the temps warmed up. Danny and Ron were both sporting brand new machines and each made a great find. Danny got the find of the day with his Rev War Button. What a way to break in a new machine! :envious: 67950Danny's skills with finding colonial shoe buckles is well known and seems to have finally rubbed off on me. I found my FIFTH shoe buckle this year! :yahoo:67949 Here she is cleaned up. 67951 :loveit::loveit::loveit:

OxShoeDrew
04-27-2020, 07:09 AM
FIVE???!!!! :omg:
That's AWESOME, Donnie! That one is in pretty good shape too. It's amazing how long some iron lasts.
Huge congrats!!:notworthy:

Lodge Scent
04-27-2020, 09:12 AM
Nice one Donnie B. Keep that pace up and the CT Buckle Badger will take notice.

del
04-27-2020, 05:20 PM
5 already and so early in the year too :notworthy: you're averaging just a little more than 1 a month , keep it going ! Congrats and what a day it turned out to be :happy:

Nice one Donnie B. Keep that pace up and the CT Buckle Badger will take notice.

Oh , ive noticed !! He is going to break my buckle record this year , I just know it.

Donnie B
04-30-2020, 07:31 AM
FIVE???!!!! :omg:
That's AWESOME, Donnie! That one is in pretty good shape too. It's amazing how long some iron lasts.
Huge congrats!!:notworthy:

Drew, it was wedged straight up and down in between two huge rocks and was probably six to eight inches down. I pulled out a huge flat rock that was standing on end and stuck my pinpointer in the hole. The buckle was "stuck" in the dirt to the adjacent rock. I'm thinking that the iron was preserved somewhat because the water could drain away from it in between the two rocks.

Donnie B
04-30-2020, 07:32 AM
5 already and so early in the year too :notworthy: you're averaging just a little more than 1 a month , keep it going ! Congrats and what a day it turned out to be :happy:

Oh , ive noticed !! He is going to break my buckle record this year , I just know it.

What a day! Congrats on your Revolutionary War button. What an awesome way to break in that new Deus.

badgers325
04-30-2020, 07:45 AM
Two awesome finds between friends. Congrats Donnie on 5:wow:

aloldstuff
05-02-2020, 06:16 AM
Seeing I have not found 1 complete colonial shoe buckle I type this in awe. Congrats on #5 FTY so far. Be careful about waking a sleeping bear (Dan) on these type of finds.

calabash digger
05-06-2020, 08:04 AM
Buckle kings!!