PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday WAS Pleasant in CT

OxShoeDrew
05-04-2020, 01:14 PM
Todd was right...CT has been beautiful of late.
I hit my new permission and some state cellar holes the past few days...came away with-

!787 CT copper
Wheat Pennies
Disston saw medallion
Usual relics

I've been going back to cellar holes that we pounded years ago in hopes I could squeak out something with some better technology. We did a good job on those sites back in the day but I have to say...they're being hit CONSTANTLY now. I found the flat button at a site where there were 100 fresh dig holes...there must have been four people there last weekend for hours...they dug everywhere!

HH, Drew

Tony Two-Cent
05-04-2020, 01:24 PM
Very respectable looking CT copper, Drew! Both sides have decent detail and the date is clear. I like the saw medallion too. What a great way to enjoy the nice weather!

:congrats:

Lodge Scent
05-04-2020, 02:54 PM
Wow that is a sharp CT Drew. A lot of people have extra time on their hands these days to spend detecting. After a few skunkings, many will get bored with the hobby.

OxShoeDrew
05-04-2020, 05:06 PM
Thanks, Tony...yeah, it's a deep strike, and a rare one where the "CONN" is most worn away. I bet it I could find the variety. Any dateable CT is worth the trip! Thanks!
Yeah, Jeff...I didn't think of that...these holes are getting hit multiple times a week. I'm going back to that place bc I found that button on the lip and numerous shot gun shells in the adjoining field, so there has to be stuff left. Thanks, Bud!

del
05-04-2020, 05:30 PM
great looking Connecticut Drew , that corner of the state has so many new hobbyists that it isn't even funny !

aloldstuff
05-04-2020, 06:38 PM
great looking Connecticut Drew , that corner of the state has so many new hobbyists that it isn't even funny !

Drew, time to move. Really nice looking CT, is it clipped?

OxShoeDrew
05-04-2020, 07:03 PM
I know, Dan...the amount of dig holes was amazing at this one place.

I remember years ago going to some of these holes and not digging low conductors...still cherry picking! It's also easier to find these holes now...doesn't take much experience to find 'em. Thanks, Dan!

I just moved, Al :lol:. 3 miles away. My next move will be to a nursing home. That CT does appear clipped but I have no idea. I didn't even think about a variety. I just gave up on all that :lol:. Thanks, Sir!

CTTodd
05-04-2020, 07:32 PM
That CT is in above average condition for sure. Bits and pieces that’s what we do.

Bucknut
05-06-2020, 07:12 AM
Beautiful state copper! Maybe one day I will get one....until then I will just have to look at yours.

calabash digger
05-06-2020, 08:02 AM
Nice coin!

Digger Don
05-09-2020, 09:31 AM
That CT copper is gorgeous. Congrats

Donnie B
05-11-2020, 04:26 PM
Congrats on the CT Copper!