PDA

View Full Version : couple weekends ago

Noah
05-05-2020, 07:51 PM
I got invited to a field hunt that had been pounded already but some nice silver Spanish had come out of it before. I wasn’t expecting to find anything but I gave it a whirl. Change the settings on my machine to an open screen and sensitivity to maximum. Very quiet except for the constant grunting of iron, while searching an area everyone had been over and over before. holes were everywhere, from what I suspect were square nails and miscellaneous iron being pulled out when I got my ears blown out. I thought I had some canned slaw but that didn’t really make sense considering how free of trash this field was. instead I pulled out a nice looking 1854 large cent! about an hour later I got a solid wheat penny signal and out popped a beautiful 1867 two cent piece! I was hoping for silver but that was it and I’m not complaining! A friend of mine had pulled an 1838 seated dime just the day before. Almost forgot to mention the button. And the Indian came from the day before.

Lodge Scent
05-05-2020, 08:47 PM
Good work in the iron Noah. I wonder how many people had ignored that signal.

Noah
05-05-2020, 09:00 PM
Good work in the iron Noah. I wonder how many people had ignored that signal.
Thanks. Everyone had been through that spot the day before, pulling out all kinds of buttons. Everybody moved out of there to the area where the seated dime came out the day before. I thought it was can slaw or brass the signal was so powerful!

Bucknut
05-06-2020, 07:07 AM
Have you been hunting with Hyluxyota? Congrats on some hard to find coins!!

Tony Two-Cent
05-06-2020, 08:43 AM
Amazing finds, Tim! Are you sure the Two Cent Piece is 1867? I kind of looks like 1868 to me, but maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Either way it's a terrific find. Large Cents produce such a strong signal. It is always a blast to find one.

:congrats:

Full Metal Digger
05-06-2020, 01:51 PM
Good finds Noah! Was that the "magic bean field" you went to (with Hiluxyota)?

wisconsin digger
05-06-2020, 07:22 PM
Congrats on 2 nice coins. Nice to see a different date other than '64 on the 2-center. WD

Digger Don
05-09-2020, 09:08 AM
There you go again. Showing off!!

Great finds Tim. You killed it in the field!! :congrats:

aloldstuff
05-09-2020, 03:00 PM
Congrats on 2 nice coins. Nice to see a different date other than '64 on the 2-center. WD

I will have to agree with that statement. Some nice coins pulled:groovy: