PDA

View Full Version : Golf course gives up silver and gold

aloldstuff
05-17-2020, 11:48 AM
Went back to the golf course Saturday and Sunday.
Got 2 silvers - a 1944 merc and a 1946 rosie.
2 wheat's - one from the 50's and one from the 40's.

A very small gold charm with 10k stamped on the back.

A couple of nice buttons and some odds and ends misc "stuff". The flat button has a back mark but as of right now I can't read it.

Thanks for reading and hope everyone is staying safe

wisconsin digger
05-17-2020, 11:51 AM
Congrats, nice finds. I cant remember the last time I found gold. Great recoveries WD

Digger_O'Dell
05-17-2020, 02:34 PM
Great finds, love that charm! The golf course sure is doing well!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fire Fighter 43
05-17-2020, 03:55 PM
WTG Al, silver and gold is a great hunt, congrats.

aloldstuff
05-17-2020, 04:30 PM
Congrats, nice finds. I cant remember the last time I found gold. Great recoveries WD
Thanks, yeah it's been quite awhile for me also

Great finds, love that charm! The golf course sure is doing well!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's still producing so I have to keep going back...at least until all the lots are purchased.

WTG Al, silver and gold is a great hunt, congrats.
Thanks...it's nice to come home with a smile on my mug.

badgers325
05-19-2020, 06:31 AM
Great job Al. Super finding silver and gold. All you needed was platinum for the trifecta!! What kind of sound did the gold charm ring in at?

MIKE54
05-19-2020, 08:29 AM
The legendary golf course!!! Keep pounding it Al

OxShoeDrew
05-19-2020, 02:33 PM
I find it interesting that although it was a 20th century golf course, it's previous life as a farm is still very evident. That's some serious farm land too.
So have you kept a running total of the silver out of that place? Congrats on the gold too, Al!

aloldstuff
05-19-2020, 03:22 PM
I find it interesting that although it was a 20th century golf course, it's previous life as a farm is still very evident. That's some serious farm land too.
So have you kept a running total of the silver out of that place? Congrats on the gold too, Al!

As a matter of fact I have kept totals

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/showthread.php?21777-Golf-course-totals

aloldstuff
05-19-2020, 03:24 PM
Great job Al. Super finding silver and gold. All you needed was platinum for the trifecta!! What kind of sound did the gold charm ring in at?

It was a horrible signal. Not the type I would have dug but it had been a while since I had dug anything so what the heck...glad I did.

The legendary golf course!!! Keep pounding it Al

thanks Mike. Pretty sure its coming to an end though

Lodge Scent
05-19-2020, 04:11 PM
It was a horrible signal. Not the type I would have dug but it had been a while since I had dug anything so what the heck...glad I did.

Good work there Al. I have made good finds the exact same way. Crappy signal but I hadn't dug anything in a while so I dug it. The moral of this story is we need to dig more of those crappy signals.

aloldstuff
05-20-2020, 09:11 AM
Good work there Al. I have made good finds the exact same way. Crappy signal but I hadn't dug anything in a while so I dug it. The moral of this story is we need to dig more of those crappy signals.

I guess the rule should be "dig it all". I have a top end machine but I have always said no matter what you paid for your detector "they all lie"