PDA

View Full Version : Log cabin/house finds

badgers325
05-18-2020, 11:17 AM
1830s log cabin that they built a house around. Got there too late for it was razed late winter (when I got permission). One of the oldest established properties where I live. The front yard is now buried with 2-3 feet of dirt. Sorry I haven't posted finds in a while. Been crazy with my dog passing and work. Stay safe out there everyone!

"Our Navy" token - 1863

Exempt token from WW1. Disregard the R. I didn't know what this was until I researched. Not in very good condition.

Found this interesting. Dietrich Bros. in Wauwatosa was one of the original Ford Model T distributors. Guessing this was on the car??

68099 Found coins. Nothing too exciting.

Carriage on a button w/ shank that is folded over. Any ideas on this one?

Two buckles. Purchase one a cake and get a Palmolive soap token.

Pin is decorative, looks newer. Mexican Silver pendant from necklace and a sterling silver man's ring. I wouldn't want to wear that if it is a ring.

Need help on this one. This looks like old brass/copper. No tarnish at all. Geisha with Asian writing. Looks like it might have folded over. Left side is flat and likely where it broke off.

68104 Relics. Found a lot more sq. nails than the one. Tons of garbage. Axe head, hammer head, iron wedge for splitting wood. Clock part on lower right? Nice patina on the pocket watch. It is a smaller one than what I normally find. Knob thing on right has an iron back with a slot for a belt or something to go through. Kind of heavy for someone to wear.

Thanks everyone.

Lodge Scent
05-18-2020, 03:40 PM
I love the CW navy token! Great bunch of finds.

badgers325
05-18-2020, 03:52 PM
Thank you Lodge Scent. Funny thing, I never heard of those before and I was watching older square nail squirrel videos on You Tube and he found an Army/Navy one. This hobby just gets more and more interesting!

OxShoeDrew
05-18-2020, 05:48 PM
I've yet to find a CW token..and I've never heard of an exempt lapel pin before reading this. WOW! Rare finds!
Maybe that carriage is a livery button?
Sorry to hear about your dog...and in the midst of all this.
Huge congrats on some nice pieces!

wisconsin digger
05-18-2020, 08:25 PM
Great recoveries, congrats on the CW token, looks to be in nice shape WD

badgers325
05-19-2020, 06:25 AM
OxShoe - my mistake. It is a CW token, not a button (going to edit that). The WW1 exempt looks like it could be the front of a two-piece button or token.

WD - CW is in pretty good shape considering the age.

Bucknut
05-19-2020, 08:49 AM
Awesome Navy Token! Some interesting and unique finds...congrats!

aloldstuff
05-22-2020, 05:08 AM
Nice going on the CW token. That exempt button is also a unique item?? Overall you had a nice hunt with doodads and some silvers:thumbsup02:.

badgers325
05-22-2020, 07:24 AM
Thanks Bucknut.

Al - From what I read about the exempt button/token, they gave these out to two types of people during WW1. To German decent US citizens to prove they are not the enemy OR to those who could not serve for one reason or another. Still trying to find one online. Time to buy a book or two.