PDA

View Full Version : 2 more for the pile

hockeyguy
09-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Went out for the 1st time this week...been working hard. Went to the same old local park and found nothing except a ring......very lite must be aluminum and it isn't close as was opened up flat.

Decided to go back to the school where we've found much. Last time there I got skunked but my first dig was a broken silver tone that turned out to be the barber, 1898. Then I found an 1898 IH. Last dig in the dark was another broken tone that had a silver potential....couldn't find it in the pile and then as I was scraping the dirt I saw the glimmer of silver. That was the merc.

Anyway, I hope to get out tomorrow, possibly to an Albany, NY park that has produced a bit for me in the past.

HH

Aaron

milco
09-17-2010, 08:04 PM
That's a real nice day in my book! Nice silver and IH!

coinnut
09-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Nice score on the Barber :clapping: and two more for that pile. Scott has been awful quiet lately too :thinkingabout: He must be spending time worrying about your silver count lol Nice condition on the copper coins thumbsup01

del
09-17-2010, 08:36 PM
them some good'uns Aaron thumbsup01 congrats .
that machine seems to be really warming up to you lately , this could be a new ballgame very soon Scott ;)

Scott has been awful quiet lately too :thinkingabout: He must be spending time worrying about your silver count lol

:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: wow , don't let this go without a rebuttle Scott.

angellionel
09-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Sweet hunt and finds, Aaron. thumbsup01 I think you have Scott on the run. lol

hockeyguy
09-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks guys.

You guys remind me of myself being a Jets fan (as mild a football fan can be)....[size=1:crazy:t]u like to root for the underdog! :peace: :cheering: Although originally from MA., I also root for the Yankees, the Celtics, most of all the Boston Bruins. (hard to believe I also like the Rangers but loathe Montreal!)

Beefcake
09-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Hunts like that are the ones I love... couple nice silvers and an indian to go with some wheats! Congrats!

z118
09-18-2010, 04:58 AM
Great digs! Good luck in Albany, there's some OLD parks there. If I'm not mistaken one of them is one of the oldest pieces of continuously public owned lands in the US. I've thought about stopping there at various points on my trips back to NE but never ahve.

catskillcomics
09-19-2010, 09:11 AM
them some good'uns Aaron thumbsup01 congrats .
that machine seems to be really warming up to you lately , this could be a new ballgame very soon Scott ;)

:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: wow , don't let this go without a rebuttle Scott.

Nice score on the Barber :clapping: and two more for that pile. Scott has been awful quiet lately too :thinkingabout: He must be spending time worrying about your silver count lol Nice condition on the copper coins thumbsup01

Well guys, I have been quiet as I haven't gone out these last couple weeks.. Last weekend and this weekend my folks are out here from Nebraska visiting so I have had a chance to get out.. HOWEVER, come tomorrow.. I'll be back at it!!!

jkress
09-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Great variety there. Congrats!

When you say broken silver tone, would you mind explaining that a little more? Thanks a bunch.... also, if you don't mind me asking, what coil do you use the most?

Thanks again,
jk