PDA

View Full Version : Morning Micro Hunts

OxShoeDrew
06-16-2020, 08:13 AM
I get out for an hour most mornings. I've been hitting a park this week, although this AM I did hit a cellar hole which (surprisingly) wasn't too pounded. Found a button, buckle, and a copper in an hour.
The take,
Kennedy Half
KG Copper
Unicorn locket
2 1940 Kronur from Iceland (made into a pendant)
2 Mercs
A Rosie
A silver ring
Plated ring
Dog tag
...and a 1968 Lincoln with a bullet hole in his head. No comment.
Thanks!
PS I don't find many flat buttons with a curled edge on them. Anyone know about how old? (center bottom of group pic)

Tony Two-Cent
06-16-2020, 09:42 AM
Your posts are always super interesting, Drew! Such a wide variety of old coins and relics. Finding a KG on a micro hunt is mind blowing to me. That would be a monumental find here in the Midwest. Your Indian Head doesn't even garner a mention. :lol:

A copper, old button and buckle, silver coins and jewelry, Kennedy Half!

Finds like that would put a 68228 on my face every time!

Lodge Scent
06-16-2020, 12:53 PM
I think you should clean up that unicorn and wear it Drew. It would bring you good luck and derision. Boy those finds span the generations. Not sure on the rolled-edge button. Early 1800s is my guess. I have one or two. That fitty cent piece must have been a screamer!

OxShoeDrew
06-16-2020, 04:26 PM
Finding a KG on a micro hunt is mind blowing to me. That would be a monumental find here in the Midwest.

Thank you, Sir! Yep, but I have to say, since taking up parks a few years ago I've learned so much about detecting. Good park hunters (like yourself) seem to have to put it all together. I'd rather dig some deep newer silver than a dateless, almost unidentifiable colonial. I have to confess, with my NOX I really thought I was digging a clad dime at 1 inch, which turned out to be the KG at 6 inches. That's the one thing I miss about my old trusty T2, it didn't ID much deeper than 6 inches but above 6 inches it was spot on! I knew I was digging a copper...which was exciting!

I think you should clean up that unicorn and wear it Drew. It would bring you good luck and derision. Boy those finds span the generations. Not sure on the rolled-edge button. Early 1800s is my guess. I have one or two. That fitty cent piece must have been a screamer!:lol: You know I usually have a feather on my detector for luck. When I find a hawk or turkey feather it goes on my detector, until it falls off. A few weeks ago I had a hummingbird feather somehow attached :lol: ...this along with my lucky oxshoe hanging off the back end (counter balance), and my green rag around my arm cuff....I'm a sight! Thanks, Bud!

OxShoeDrew
06-16-2020, 04:27 PM
Not certain why my reply ending up in Tony's quote :lol:

Tony Two-Cent
06-16-2020, 04:31 PM
Not certain why my reply ending up in Tony's quote :lol:

I fixed it. ;)

OxShoeDrew
06-16-2020, 06:42 PM
I fixed it. ;)
Thank you!
I did that one on purpose :lol:

badgers325
06-17-2020, 07:34 AM
Awesome finds and very interesting. Love the variety you can find out East.

aloldstuff
06-17-2020, 02:14 PM
Nice that you're getting out. A very interesting group of finds. The morning hunts seem to be the best as far as the weather goes. I think finding the cellar hole that hasn't been pounded to death in your neck of the woods is the find of the day.

BTV Digger
06-22-2020, 08:21 AM
Nice variety of finds Drew! Good to see you're getting out for a bit in the heat.