PDA

View Full Version : No Hunting This Week

OxShoeDrew
07-20-2020, 04:27 PM
I was not able to get out this week, but the week before I found a sweet colonial neck stock buckle :cheesysmile:
A park produced another Kennedy half, and a beat 1694-1704 William 3rd. This is only my 4th Kennedy ever...I found two in two days some years ago and two within a few weeks this go round. I've found more William 3rds.

Anyone know what that thin intricate pressed thing is? No shank mark on back and thinner than a dandy.
My grandson has the technique down! :lol:
Thanks!

Lodge Scent
07-20-2020, 06:29 PM
Your future hunting buddy has great form already Drew. :) I've never found a neck buckle. Always amazing to see coins 300 years apart in age come out of the same piece of ground ! WIII is always a nice find. Is that a solid brass fork ?? Your thin fancy silver thingy reminds me of a make up case cover or the inner cover of a pocket watch.

OxShoeDrew
07-21-2020, 08:25 AM
Thanks,Jeff...that fork is what's left of a skeleton key. Yeah, pocket watch inner, that sounds right!
My little guy likes to play with the pin pointer more :lol:
How are the twins???

Lodge Scent
07-22-2020, 07:44 AM
Thanks,Jeff...that fork is what's left of a skeleton key. Yeah, pocket watch inner, that sounds right!
My little guy likes to play with the pin pointer more :lol:
How are the twins???

Yeah.....now that you mention it Drew , I can now see that that "solid brass fork" is obviously a skeleton key. :cheesysmile:

Twins are doing very well thanks. Would be a month old if they hadn't come 7 weeks early. Corinne is over 9 lbs and Cam is over 8 lbs. They came over Sunday wearing matching "Honk if you like metal detecting" onesies. Did I get a picture? No!!

OxShoeDrew
07-22-2020, 01:19 PM
:hystericallaugh:@ the onesies! My wife loled too! Glad to hear they're well!

milco
07-25-2020, 04:35 PM
Nice Finds! And the ever elusive Kennedy clad half! My vote is for a backplate to a pocket watch.

Digger Don
07-26-2020, 02:20 PM
Nice finds! When I first saw the broken key, I thought of Tooth floss holder. Lol

BTV Digger
07-28-2020, 08:58 AM
Nice Drew! I've only found 1 Kennedy half ever. Beautiful shot in the woods btw.

Johnk

Tony Two-Cent
07-28-2020, 09:18 AM
The variety of your finds always blows my mind, Drew! Such a wide time span represented there. That colonial neck stock buckle is wonderful! :loveit:

:congrats: