PDA

View Full Version : last 2 large cents I've found, missed being twins by one year

Laszlo
09-18-2010, 07:14 AM
We're fortunate to have such great soil conditions in most of the places we hunt. There's nothing like sandy soil to preserve those buttons & coins. These 2 came out looking pretty nice and missed being twins by only one year :) Good luck to all if you get out this weekend. It's supposed to be in the mid 90's here and it's still too hot to dig for very long. We can't wait for some cooler weather!

Laszlo

xzlr8n
09-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Lots of nice large cents being found of late!! Congrats on your two beauties!! We need some rain where I'm at in Upstate NY!! Cooler weather has arrived, nice to bust out the sweatshirts for the mornings and evenings!!

Ill Digger
09-18-2010, 09:42 AM
:yes: Those are a couple of real beauties !! :drool:
Sweet finds!!
Congrats :grin:

SeabeeRon
09-18-2010, 10:51 AM
WOW!! :shocked04: Those are in great shape, thanks for sharing! :clapping:

jkress
09-18-2010, 02:04 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:

Awesome!

Sure would love to pull a large cent someday.

Congrats.

milco
09-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Those sure are in nice shape! Great LC's!

CTDirtFisher
09-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Those are BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL!

:beerbuddy:

Epi-hunter
09-18-2010, 06:44 PM
It's too hot here too. I agree! Those don't look like they have ever been in the ground, sand or otherwise! They are very nice. :) When did you find them?

Laszlo
09-19-2010, 10:10 AM
It's too hot here too. I agree! Those don't look like they have ever been in the ground, sand or otherwise! They are very nice. :) When did you find them?

I found the 1846 last year and the 1847 just the other day. Both of these were found in sites in the lowcountry of South Carolina. Maybe it's the photo but they're both loaded with a pretty green patina. Patina like what's on these coins takes a long time in ground to aquire. Regular none dug coins are copper looking. The patina on these coins is fantastic and sets them apart from your normal every day large cents you see in coin shops.

Laszlo

coinnut
09-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Great looking later date coppers. Laszlo :clapping: We get some like that every once in a while and it's always due to sand in the soil. :yes: Finding coppers like that makes them worth displaying. Please ship some of that sand up north to Del and I lol