PDA

View Full Version : Nickel War

wisconsin digger
08-08-2020, 07:03 PM
Two unusual occurances today. I found 4 war nickels in one hunt and I found a lot of silver. It's been hard to put a post together this year as the finds have been tough and few. Today I went back to the one park I have managed 8 silver this year and was able to double that today. Got lucky in that I found a small area that was loaded with coins. 3 Mercs, 1 Rosie and the 4 war Nickels. Also picked up 23 wheaties and quite a few are pre 40's so I'll have to look at then closer after cleaning. Also if anyone knows what the small item is I have pictured. It looks like some kind of button or cufflink but it looks like it was suppose to be attached. it has a duck on it. Thx Wisconsin Digger PS what is the foreign coin. I don't think it is old

Digger_O'Dell
08-08-2020, 07:10 PM
Foreign coin looks like Arabic. Date 1971, read right to left per Arabic writing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bucknut
08-08-2020, 07:22 PM
Great hunt for sure! 4 war Niks in a single hunt is a lot. That park surely has more!

milco
08-09-2020, 12:52 PM
Great finds for sure! All from one site? I'd be going back again and again! I like the cufflink!

wisconsin digger
08-10-2020, 09:25 AM
Thx Chris, its amazing how obvious something is AFTER they give you the answer. Never picked up on the right to left. Thx WD