PDA

View Full Version : Third Bucketlister of the Year!

Ill Digger
09-06-2020, 01:33 PM
I met up with a fellow detectorists yesterday almost 3 hours south of me for a hunt. We found a street tear out in town while driving around. I was detecting in front of a very old church where the sidewalks were torn out and already replaced. I was detecting the sidewalls of the cut along the sidewalk when i got a 14-15 signal on the Nox. I was expecting anything special. Thats when I first layed eyes on my very first 3¢ coin!! And it's the nickel variety!! Now I need one of the silver ones!

Thanks for lookin!! HH!! :groovy:

1868 3¢ Nickel
Reverse:

Digger Don
09-06-2020, 03:32 PM
Great find Tim! it's in nice shape too!:congrats:

Ill Digger
09-06-2020, 06:00 PM
Great find Tim! it's in nice shape too!:congrats:

Thanks Don! I'm not complaining! :lol:
Its one of my new favorites!:thumbsup02:

Cheap Thrills
09-06-2020, 06:58 PM
A nice bucket lister and in full bloom . Way to go Timmy , Congrats !

milco
09-06-2020, 09:18 PM
Congrats on a very scarce find! I found one, also at a tear out, about 7-8 years ago, no idea it would be a coin at the time!

Tony Two-Cent
09-07-2020, 07:51 AM
Such a difficult coin to find with a metal detector! They ring up so low they sound like junk. Huge congrats on that rare find, Tim!

wisconsin digger
09-07-2020, 08:20 AM
Great rare find. Don't here about many being posted. Congrats on the bucket lister. WD

Full Metal Digger
09-07-2020, 03:20 PM
Great find Tim! 3 hours south of you puts you in my old stomping grounds!

Bucknut
09-07-2020, 06:45 PM
Awesome find! Probably the hardest coin to detect in my opinion. Big congrats!!

Noah
09-07-2020, 08:55 PM
I got my first one in a pocket spill with three Indians while in Connecticut. Congrats!

Lodge Scent
09-08-2020, 07:06 AM
Wow! Yeah you just hardly ever so those posted. Great find!

Ill Digger
09-08-2020, 08:52 PM
A nice bucket lister and in full bloom . Way to go Timmy , Congrats !
Thanks George!! So pretty in so many ways! :loveit:

Congrats on a very scarce find! I found one, also at a tear out, about 7-8 years ago, no idea it would be a coin at the time!
Thanks Darren!:thumbsup02: Yep, I never would've guessed that it would even be a coin! Let alone a bucketlister!:happydance01:

Such a difficult coin to find with a metal detector! They ring up so low they sound like junk. Huge congrats on that rare find, Tim!
Thanks Tony! Yeah, 14-15? That in the "half of a pulltab" range as far as target ID goes. :lol: But in places like that, that's why we dig everything right!

Great rare find. Don't here about many being posted. Congrats on the bucket lister. WD
Yeah, when I first seen it in the dirt i thought maybe a token or a knock out of some sort. But when i wiped the dirt off and see lady liberty facing left i knew right away what it was. I was like...:shocked05:

Great find Tim! 3 hours south of you puts you in my old stomping grounds! Thanks Dave!! Yeah, kinda. We met in Champaign. They are redoing Green st. And we found the tearout just driving around. You know how it goes.

Awesome find! Probably the hardest coin to detect in my opinion. Big congrats!!
Thanks Jared! Yeah, if this was a deep scrathy signal in a trashy park, it would probably still be buried there! :lol:

I got my first one in a pocket spill with three Indians while in Connecticut. Congrats!
Thanks Tim! Pretty cool! Take'm however we can get'em right!:thumbsup01:

Ill Digger
09-08-2020, 08:54 PM
Wow! Yeah you just hardly ever so those posted. Great find!

Thanks Jeff! I'm glad I got the chance to post one!:yes: :lol: I wasn't expecting that!