PDA

View Full Version : SHOE BUCKLE AND A BUTTON

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-18-2010, 06:03 PM
no coins again :crying02: a almost complete shoe buckle & a WADHAMS & CO. 2 piece button (1847)
jinxed i tell ya :hammer:
sites are getting a lot tougher to find that already haven't been pounded to death.these sites had fresh dig holes :eyebrow:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-18-2010, 06:03 PM
more pics

angellionel
09-18-2010, 07:55 PM
At least you picked up a few relics. :yes: With the onset of cooler weather you may start to see even more activity at those sites. :confused:

jkress
09-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Great relics.

Just being in those kind of history rich areas would be exciting for me.

It's a fascinating type of hunting you cellar hole dwellers do.

Congrats and good luck on getting coins on your next hunt.

del
09-18-2010, 10:55 PM
ooohhhh , so close to complete that buckle is 8/ crying01 is it your closest yet :confused: :dontknow: :confused: .it looks like an oldie to :yes: very nice fancy gilted two piece button , you did very well on the relics my friend , congrats .

hey who is in the picture by the way :thinkingabout: just a passer by of a detecting partner :huh:

coinnut
09-18-2010, 11:03 PM
no coins again :crying02: a almost complete shoe buckle

rofl Almost Davey lol But just short of a complete buckle. :clapping: Nice hunt anyways. It's not always about coins. You got a nice button, a nice buckle, and some othet fine relics. It's a good hunt my friend :happydance01:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-19-2010, 05:46 AM
thanks guys! i think that's a ghost in the pic :confused:
is this style of buckle older than the types we usually dig? :thinkingabout:
nah that's gary in the background.he dug one small shankless dime sized flat button.the sites were hammered good.

sniffy
09-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Like I said....that buckle must CHAPE your arse! lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Like I said....that buckle must CHAPE your arse! lol

and like i said i'll SNIFF one out sooner or later rofl

del
09-19-2010, 10:03 AM
is this style of buckle older than the types we usually dig? :thinkingabout:

its a plain , thinned squared frame , not very curved and just a tad smaller than what were use to . plus the tongue is designed different from the pitchfork type so i say its more of a 1740's to1760's era buckle than later varieties , Dave . :peace:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-19-2010, 11:50 AM
its a plain , thinned squared frame , not very curved and just a tad smaller than what were use to . plus the tongue is designed different from the pitchfork type so i say its more of a 1740's to1760's era buckle than later varieties , Dave . :peace:

ok thanks dan. thumbsup01 that's what i thought, that this style was a bit older than the majority of what we dig.