PDA

View Full Version : We Revisited one of Our Favorite Permissions

Digger Don
11-02-2020, 09:12 PM
Saturday morning, Noah and I stopped at the 1833 field for about an hour an a half before we started door knocking. It's starting to slow down and only dug two buttons this time.

After that, we headed out to do some door knocking. had no luck, nobody was home at most of the farm houses. Probably out in the fields.

So we decided to go back to a house that has been exceptionally good to us and also a few people that we have taken there. ( Full Metal Digger, digger Odell, Hiluxyota ) I believe it was Dave's last hunt before he left for germany. He had an epic day there.

OK, I'm rambling, anyway it's still holding some treasures for us. I dug 2 mercs, an Indian and a buff. I also dug an 8 coin spill (7 wheats including a 43 steel cent and a merc.)6865168652

Full Metal Digger
11-03-2020, 06:20 AM
Another good outing Don! The buttons you get from that field are really nice and varied. I also found a couple of steel cents but only in spills like yours. Congrats and happy digging.

Bucknut
11-03-2020, 07:16 AM
Great bunch of finds! The steel cent is a cool find.

wisconsin digger
11-03-2020, 08:55 AM
Nice finds Don. I could not agree more on the Etrac. I dread the day mine stops working. The NOX is a work in progress but it reminds me of a super charged AT Pro. Lots of false "good" signals. WD

Tony Two-Cent
11-09-2020, 02:59 PM
Wow, that 1915 Buffalo Nickel was brand new when it was dropped! Look at how sharp the date is. Be sure to check it for a mint mark. The 1915-D and 1915-S are semi-key dates.

I love the green patina on that 1885 Indian Head Cent! So beautiful! :loveit:

I wonder if electrolysis would reveal any detail on that steel cent?