PDA

View Full Version : Colonial Goodies

sniffy
09-19-2010, 08:07 AM
Went further up into the hills passed the site I found the Bone Inlayed 2 tined fork....The land owner told me there was several old dwellings but his nephew went back there in the 90's. I asked him what he found, and he just kinda laughed and told me he didn't find much and gave up...This was an excellent sign, plus I'd allready found 3 coppers at the first site. This farmers last name has been pinned to this land for over 200 years....a common hand me down practice here in CT. Anyhow, I found the 2nd site and this is what I came up with...Another 2 tined fork, couple buttons, 2 crotal bells, a very nice bridal rosette, a COPPER, which is bust left but un-identifiable ( I believe it's another CT copper or KG II ) Some pewter flatware peices...The ground is powdery dry and the signals are kinda sketchy. However, my little prizm III snatched this copper from about 6-8 inches. ( I love this little machine ) ANyways, cant' wait for the ground to moisten up.....thanks for lookin.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-19-2010, 09:42 AM
that rosette cleaned up nicely and someday i'll teach ya how to photograph a coin :behave:

del
09-19-2010, 09:55 AM
very nice digs , Jesse . great looking rosette , any backmark on the button :dontknow:

SeabeeRon
09-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Good relic finds sniffy!! :yes:

sniffy
09-19-2010, 12:14 PM
very nice digs , Jesse . great looking rosette , any backmark on the button :dontknow:
The one on the right has no backmark, and the other is London Extra Rich. The Rosette had me fooled for a minute, it started to look like an eagle at first....it's funny how your mind starts playin tricks on you.

sniffy
09-19-2010, 12:16 PM
that rosette cleaned up nicely and someday i'll teach ya how to photograph a coin :behave:
Yeah I'm not much of a photographer.....the first pic of the uncleaned stuff was taken in natural sunlight on my sidewalk in front of the house.....

sniffy
09-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Good relic finds sniffy!! :yes:
Thanks! :grin:

coinnut
09-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Sweet finds there Jesse. If you get a copper first time out, I think it's safe to say that there will be more there! Great day out. :happydance01:

sniffy
09-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Sweet finds there Jesse. If you get a copper first time out, I think it's safe to say that there will be more there! Great day out. :happydance01:
yeah I'm sure there's more to be found, it's just the guy is hardly ever home. I kinda have to check in and check out