PDA

View Full Version : It's a Draped Bust, I swear!

OxShoeDrew
11-28-2020, 04:25 PM
My theme this week is beat up coins. I got out for a few hours yesterday and 3 hrs today.
The cool sticker was given to me by a guy who stopped his truck when he saw me detecting. He came over, asked a few knowledgeable questions, gave me the sticker and invited me to his meetings. I told him I've already been to one of the meetings and was impressed by the 60 or 70 people in attendance. I didn't' tell him I would NEVER go back because I had to sit next to some guy named Dan...he goes by Del on the forums :lol:

The wheats are oldies, the IH is 1893 and the draped has nothing on the obverse...but I'm sure it's a 1799. :grin:
BTVdigger asked me if I ever found a 1799 draped 90 min before I found this one...so it would be fitting.:)

Full Metal Digger
11-28-2020, 04:55 PM
The back is certainly in decent enough shape, congrats on your finds. So you had to sit next to Del in a meeting? Must have been brutal. He probably looked at pictures of his jeep the whole time too. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

OxShoeDrew
11-28-2020, 05:00 PM
So you had to sit next to Del in a meeting? Must have been brutal. He probably looked at pictures of his jeep the whole time too.
:lol:

del
11-28-2020, 05:01 PM
Its been far to long since getting a draped bust cent , congrats . the guy in the truck wore a ball cap , had a beard and seemed just a bit "aloof" ?

I told him I've already been to one of the meetings and was impressed by the 60 or 70 people in attendance. I didn't' tell him I would NEVER go back because I had to sit next to some guy named Dan...he goes by Del on the forums :lol:

:coffeelaugh::rofl::rofl:

Lodge Scent
11-28-2020, 06:58 PM
Good score on the DB Drew. Now that Dan mentions it, it has been a long time for me since I dug a DB.

The problem with sitting next to a guy like Dan is that you can't brag about any of your finds because he has found multiples of everything.

wisconsin digger
11-28-2020, 07:31 PM
Nice finds. Congrats on the draper bust. Wd

del
11-28-2020, 07:49 PM
Good score on the DB Drew. Now that Dan mentions it, it has been a long time for me since I dug a DB.

The problem with sitting next to a guy like Dan is that you can't brag about any of your finds because he has found multiples of everything.

:coffeelaugh::rofl::lol: wish that were true !

The Rebel
11-29-2020, 04:16 PM
WTG Drew on the DB! I have that very same button, lol!