PDA

View Full Version : Pleasant Day

OxShoeDrew
01-18-2021, 03:24 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm not a fan of global warming but I'm happy to be digging in New England on Jan 18th. :cheesysmile:
We've already had a nor’eastah and other winter events, but the snow melted days after it fell. :loveit:
It rained LIKE CRAZY the other night and my fields we're transformed into a detectorist's dream. Targets jumped into my pouch this morning! ...and they were deep!! I also dug 3 or 4 bird tags, a couple D buckles and some washers.
Can you read the date on that draped, Dave?? :lol:

EDIT-Went back today for an hour and got a William the 3rd. Every one of those I've found give themselves away by those pig tails. Also picked up a a 2017 dog tag, and another D buckle.

Thanks for looking! Drew
PS I finally took the oxshoes off my Nox, I added a 2 lb diver's weight. I'll try it this week....it feels kinda heavy but we'll see.

The Rebel
01-20-2021, 07:13 AM
Great job Drew!

calabash digger
01-20-2021, 10:12 AM
Nice haul!

Lodge Scent
01-20-2021, 05:21 PM
Pleasant day indeed! Great find on the GVLIELMVS III! Is it a 1600's or 1700's ? Interesting set up you got there Drew. Most of us want to lighten our rigs. ;)

OxShoeDrew
01-21-2021, 07:11 AM
Thanks, Fellas,
Jeff... I wouldn't know which year it is or how one could figure that out. I barely know which coin it is. :).
Not knowing much about it, I always guess these coins are from 1694-1702.
I finally took the ox shoes off the end of my nox, I always thought it looked a bit plebeian, people were starting to talk :lol:
So I put a 2lb divers weight on there, but that is over-kill so I have a 1lb weight coming in.
I can't understand how great companies like Minelab produce such imbalanced machines. I remember swinging your Deus one time and I thought that was imbalanced too, but all the guts are in your coil, so they have an excuse.
The best swinging machine I ever used was the T2. Thanks, Bud!

Lodge Scent
01-21-2021, 08:09 AM
I hear you Drew. When I retire I am going to invent a universal, fully adjustable detector shaft that will accommodate all brands and body sizes. ;)

Hey what is that find in the upper right?

OxShoeDrew
01-21-2021, 10:32 AM
It's just a suspender part, it looks weird in the pic.
Hey, I retire in 5 months!:yahoo:
You think I post too much now!?

Noah
01-21-2021, 12:35 PM
Don't worry about global warming.:yes: It's cycle always is followed by another ice age. Enjoy the warmth my friend! Love your finds. Wish I could get out!!

Lodge Scent
01-23-2021, 09:45 AM
It's just a suspender part, it looks weird in the pic.
Hey, I retire in 5 months!:yahoo:
You think I post too much now!?

Oh man! Good for you!

Ill Digger
01-24-2021, 08:46 AM
I've got the "Steve's Detector Shafts" 1lb counterweight system on my Nox. It's been on there since the day I bought it. One day, I took it off and detecting without it, and made it about 10 steps and put it right back on!:lol: I will say that when hunting in the surf of big lakes and the ocean it's no help at all. It's better to have it heavy out in front of you a little bit, so the waves don't get under your coil and pick it up constantly. One thing is for sure. With the weight on it I HAVE TO use the arm strap.

OxShoeDrew
01-24-2021, 09:49 AM
I've got the "Steve's Detector Shafts" 1lb counterweight system on my Nox. It's been on there since the day I bought it. One day, I took it off and detecting without it, and made it about 10 steps and put it right back on!:lol: I will say that when hunting in the surf of big lakes and the ocean it's no help at all. It's better to have it heavy out in front of you a little bit, so the waves don't get under your coil and pick it up constantly. One thing is for sure. With the weight on it I HAVE TO use the arm strap.I took that 2lb off and settled on a 1 lb weight. It seems just about right...I haven't tried it in the field yet. Good to know i'll need the strap.

Donnie B
01-29-2021, 09:06 PM
Nice finds! Love the Draped Bust. Do ox shoes work?

Donnie B
01-31-2021, 09:57 AM
You should take a photo of the ox shoe modification and send it to Minelab.