PDA

View Full Version : Humdrum Saturday

Noah
03-17-2021, 07:02 PM
Didn’t find much but was happy to get a surprise with a V nickel. The silver spoon was found in a yard that was yielding nothing but melted aluminum from a burn pit so that was a happy surprise as well.

Full Metal Digger
03-18-2021, 12:52 PM
Well, not your best day ever but at least you didn't get skunked! Looks like a nail was lying on that spoon handle. You should shine it up and then eat your favorite cereal with it!

Tony Two-Cent
03-18-2021, 12:56 PM
Look at the bright side, at least your photo isn't sideways! :lol:

I haven't found a V Nickel or a silver spoon for a long time so both would be welcome finds for me! :yes:

:congrats:

Noah
03-18-2021, 01:06 PM
Ya there were a lot of nails in that yard, originally the back yard to the Victorian home. Not far was a burn pit. Everywhere we go seem almost nothing left, even fewer wheat pennies.
Well, not your best day ever but at least you didn't get skunked! Looks like a nail was lying on that spoon handle. You should shine it up and then eat your favorite cereal with it!

Noah
03-18-2021, 01:09 PM
The V was under a pine tree, kinda out of reach of Don's coil. :cool:
Look at the bright side, at least your photo isn't sideways! :lol:

I haven't found a V Nickel or a silver spoon for a long time so both would be welcome finds for me! :yes:

:congrats:

OxShoeDrew
03-18-2021, 03:17 PM
I really hate when sites have aluminum siding scraps or some such garbage everywhere. How does that V look? The pic is blurry... or my eyes are :lol: but it seems to have some good detail. Silver too!
That spoon must have a company name on the bottom...no? Congrats, Noah!

Lodge Scent
03-18-2021, 05:35 PM
Good work Noah. Someday I will have to quit detecting in the woods and really learn how to metal detect in modern trash.

Noah
03-19-2021, 04:48 PM
I hate aluminum trash too, and usually retreat when I start finding it. The spoon was the only good find there.
I really hate when sites have aluminum siding scraps or some such garbage everywhere. How does that V look? The pic is blurry... or my eyes are :lol: but it seems to have some good detail. Silver too!
That spoon must have a company name on the bottom...no? Congrats, Noah!