PDA

View Full Version : I just installed the disc pattern Angel uses in my E Trac.

Jack Flynn
09-19-2010, 07:10 PM
I moved all my settings to the settings that he uses then scattered silver and clad all over the grass in the front yard. Wow what a difference in the tones! I had my variabilty too low and entered all of them as you listed. Every coin had a totally different tone. I was getting all of them at 11 plus inches air testing. The silver dimes really squeal nice an the silver Quarters say dig me now big boy. What a difference just a few adjustments make. Cannot wait to get out tomorrow afternoon and Tuesday. Thanks............

coinnut
09-19-2010, 07:16 PM
I moved all my settings to the settings that he uses then scattered silver and clad all over the grass in the front yard. Wow what a difference in the tones! I had my variabilty too low and entered all of them as you listed. Every coin had a totally different tone. I was getting all of them at 11 plus inches air testing. The silver dimes really squeal nice an the silver Quarters say dig me now big boy. What a diffeence just a few adjustments make. Cannot wait to get out tomorrow afternoon and Tuesday. Thanks............

Oh Boy.....here comes the silver lol Hope you do well with the new program. :yes:

angellionel
09-19-2010, 07:52 PM
You are going to clean up at those sites of yours. lol And you are going to have a lot of fun. :cheesysmile:

beepn
09-22-2010, 12:04 AM
A also just set up my Etrac with Angellionels pattern and suggested settings.I just found an old school to hunt close by.Saturday morning will be the first time I get to try out the settings and pattern.Bill

angellionel
09-22-2010, 08:38 AM
A also just set up my Etrac with Angellionels pattern and suggested settings.I just found an old school to hunt close by.Saturday morning will be the first time I get to try out the settings and pattern.Bill

I wish you great success!

kenfen
09-22-2010, 08:40 PM
I also ramped up to the Angel settings tonight and had a quick run at it. It was really not enough time to do it justice, but there is one thing that I noticed and that was that the level of tones were quite a lot as I expected them to be at such a hot setting, but it was not unbearable. On my DFX, there was no way I could take mixed mode for very long because it was just such a sonic mess to deal with. The E-Trac on the other hand, has a nice round and smooth tone set, so it's a much more pleasant experience, even though you have so many tones being thrown at you.

I still need to learn what a good number is, and so far, I've just concentrated on the CO being in the 40's and the FE being at or near 12. This will change with a super hot Etrac, so I'm curious to know what kinds of signal numbers you all dig when running this hot.

This is really the reason I got the E-Trac, because I know that around here, you're going to have to go deep to find the good stuff. I can learn to deal with a lot of signals, knowing that I'm seeking that special crackle that means a goodie down deep.

Regards, Ken

coinnut
09-22-2010, 09:10 PM
I still need to learn what a good number is, and so far, I've just concentrated on the CO being in the 40's and the FE being at or near 12. This will change with a super hot Etrac, so I'm curious to know what kinds of signal numbers you all dig when running this hot.

Regards, Ken

Forget about the FE numbers when running hot. I dig all CO numbers above 30 until I find where the aluminum screw caps read and I don't dig the shallow ones. Dig anything that has a nice tone and rely on the depth guage, and you will be alright lol