PDA

View Full Version : Detector upgrade tomorrow

Myownwings
09-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Tomorrow I will be looking at and testing 3 of the big boy detectors:
E-Trac
V3i
F75 LTD

The fella I talked to on Saturday said he would buy my DFX, coils, books, etc. So regardless of which one I pick it shouldn't be too painful. I know I am leaning heavily toward the E-Trac. Any last minute suggestions appreciated.
Gary

kenfen
09-19-2010, 09:03 PM
I looked at the same three and concluded the E-Trac fit me and how I'd like to detect the best. I wish you well tomorrow and make sure you have fun doing the big 3 shootout!

Regards, Ken

coinnut
09-19-2010, 09:05 PM
My last minute suggestions is to not be talked into any machine. Go with your gut. It must be stable, fun, go deep, and you have to like it. After that the machines can all hold their own if you learn them. That's the key....you have to like the machine you choose. Good luck and it sounds like a dream come true lol

Jason in Enid
09-19-2010, 10:01 PM
STAY AWAY FROM THE E-TRAC!

Cause the rest of us don't need more competition. rofl

Seriously, they are all good choices and I think you would happy no matter what you picked.

Myownwings
09-21-2010, 02:02 AM
E-Trac came out on top.

kenfen
09-21-2010, 10:06 AM
You won't regret that. I guarantee it. I've had more fun in the 4 hunts that I've managed to squeeze in than the last month or so of the DFX. No offense to anyone here, and I am a big fan of Whites, but the E-Trac for me is just lots of fun.

Kind Regards, Ken

sjv
09-22-2010, 05:46 AM
Yea that's a tough one. Depends if you want one that has a big learning curve or more of a turn on and go. I have a Whites XLT and have found some goood finds. If you want more depth I'd say the V3 or the E-trac. The V3 appears complicated and I'd ask coinnut about the E-trac or any other owners. Good luck with whatever you get.