PDA

View Full Version : Hunts of Late

OxShoeDrew
04-02-2021, 03:04 PM
Hey everyone,

Since the snow retreated I've been doing my short after-work hunts.
Highlights-
1909 Dog tag
William 3rd copper
1798 Draped Bust
1920 SLQ

Thanks for looking!!

del
04-02-2021, 03:14 PM
Good stuff Drew , i finally just got out today for a few hours . The bridle shield with the prince of Wales is always a cool find .

Dan

OxShoeDrew
04-02-2021, 03:48 PM
Thanks, bud! How'd it go today? It didn't get much above freezing. :frozen:

del
04-02-2021, 04:02 PM
it snowed twice (for only a few minutes each time) , lot of hiking with little rewards but i so needed the exercise and did enjoy being in the woods again . i did sneak out a decent Connecticut though.

Dan

The Rebel
04-02-2021, 06:20 PM
Nice going Drew! Yea these temps are cold!

Digger Don
04-02-2021, 07:46 PM
Pretty cool, 2 dog tags from the same county 107 years apart.
All your finds are awesome. Great job:congrats:

wisconsin digger
04-03-2021, 05:25 AM
Great batch of finds. Being mostly a Park hunter I find very few nice relics. It's great to see a nice assortment of relics. The coins are pretty spectacular as well. On a side note I have never even found a watch FOB. Great finds. WD

OxShoeDrew
04-03-2021, 06:27 AM
Thanks guys!
Hey Dan, I remember a forum brouhaha about these Prince of Wales pieces...what was the outcome? It's not a rev war item, right? Why did farmers around here have that design on their saddles?
I recall the hullabaloo coming around the time of the great sword holder- gag loop hubbub :lol:

The Rebel
04-03-2021, 08:02 AM
I remember that as well

Thanks guys!
Hey Dan, I remember a forum brouhaha about these Prince of Wales pieces...what was the outcome? It's not a rev war item, right? Why did farmers around here have that design on their saddles?
I recall the hullabaloo coming around the time of the great sword holder- gag loop hubbub :lol:

del
04-03-2021, 09:46 AM
Thanks guys!

Drew , at the time the Prince of Wales (the usual title for the next heir to the throne ) was far more liked than the king who imposed much of the taxation and oppressive laws on the colonists , these have been proven to be for civilian only as far more have been found at non military related sites . "sword holder/gag loop guy " .... I was trying to forget him , I hope I don't have to meet him in person again .

OxShoeDrew
04-03-2021, 03:02 PM
Thanks, Dan!!!

Full Metal Digger
04-06-2021, 09:59 AM
Wow, great assortment of finds! I'm torn as to which is my favorite though. I like the bridle shield but I also really like that button with all the gold gilt and square patterns.

Donnie B
04-06-2021, 07:57 PM
Love the saddle shield!

Tony Two-Cent
04-07-2021, 10:27 AM
Wow, you have been busy, Drew! It's hard to pick a favorite from this group because there are so many wonderful finds! How much detail is on the William III copper? Enough to identify it, obviously. Is that a coin from the 1600s?