PDA

View Full Version : Learning Curve with E-Trac

RobW
09-20-2010, 09:36 AM
I received my new E-Trac and had to look at it for about 1 week until I had time to use it. The first opprtunity came on vacation in Maine on the beach. While I am not a beachcomber, I soon remembered why I hate the beach...sand. And I was hating the fact that while I was digging my finds the hole was filling up with water...and more sand, almost as fast as I was taking it out. The beach did not give up much as the sand was heavily compacted, so if someone dropped something, it just laid on top for someone to simply pick up, plus the fact that each morning there was probably 10 or more people on that same beach with detectors, still I dug some clad and got to know my detector a bit, mostly just some small talk. Best find was a bottle opener, which I actually needed to open my beer later. It has a lucky clover on it...hope it works for me!

I got home from vacation and had to go straight to the airport to meet my mother who was coming for a visit...so much for the relaxation I had. She stayed through Sunday afternoon. I dropped her off at the airport, told her she had to put he stuff in the back seat because my detector was in the trunk, and immediatly went to get to know the new lady in my life a bit more intimatly.

I went to a place that I went over pretty well with my Garrett. I'm still flirting with her, trying to get to know her turn ons. She appears to be a bit more high matenence than my last girl, who I am still keeping on the side. I did get a few interesting finds. My favorite find, purely for the grins in a watch that was about 1 and a half inches deep...it was still running with the correct time!!!...though the date was a bit off. I did find what appears to be a cow tag, which confuses me a bit, due to the location which is a bit more suburban/neighborhoodish, though it is where an old victorian once stood.

E-Trac proving itself: Found a wheat a few inches from a metal fence. Signal came in strong, pinpointing wouldn't work due to the all metal mode, it picked the fence up too, so after estimating the location and depth, pulled out the pro pointer and targeted it about 6 inches down. My other detector would have missed it due to the fence, I know, b/c I hit that area before.

Don't worry George, I'm coming up with LOTS of questions!

coinnut
09-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Not too shabby lol You only got to try it a bit, and you did pretty well. Nice watch and opener ;) I'm sure you will have tons of questions the ET people here will answer. Congrats on surviving mom lol

RobW
09-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I seem to have the numbers for those memorials down pact!