PDA

View Full Version : "Been thru Hell ":Morgan "

Cheap Thrills
06-18-2021, 02:31 PM
I haven't made many good finds this year but this has been my best so far . It was found in a most unlikely
spot , alongside my next door neighbors house . I have to say I was both shocked and thrilled . This is the second Morgan of my career , not as pretty as my first ( a 1921 ) but still attractive to me .

OxShoeDrew
06-18-2021, 02:41 PM
Two Morgans in one lifetime! Spectacular! :congrats::clapping:

Noah
06-18-2021, 02:50 PM
Still waiting for my first. :perfect10:

Cheap Thrills
06-18-2021, 04:45 PM
Thanks Drew and Noah ! I still find it hard to believe I've found one let alone two . All these years and I have yet to find a Seated quarter or Half or a Barber Half . Funny how things happen in the world of detecting .

Noah , I'm sure in the not too distant future one is coming your way I don't see how one has avoided you with as serious a detector you are .

wisconsin digger
06-18-2021, 04:56 PM
Congrats on the great recovery. I was out for 3 hours today and could only find 2 wheats and some clad. I may have to stick to water fishing till it cools down. Nice job on your second Morgan, WD

Bucknut
06-18-2021, 07:28 PM
It is still a great find! And I bet it was a thrill to dig up too.

Full Metal Digger
06-19-2021, 12:19 AM
Looks like it was in a fire but hey, silver is silver! I have never found a U.S. silver dollar either. I did find a Canadian silver dollar though. Does that count? LOL. Best wishes and happy digging, Dave.

Digger Don
06-19-2021, 06:20 AM
Rough or not, it's still a Morgan. Great find. :congrats:

Cheap Thrills
06-19-2021, 07:00 PM
Congrats on the great recovery. I was out for 3 hours today and could only find 2 wheats and some clad. I may have to stick to water fishing till it cools down. Nice job on your second Morgan, WD

Thank you WD . Even a wheat and / or a few clad coins have been pretty much the norm for me for quite a while now .

It is still a great find! And I bet it was a thrill to dig up too.

Thank you Bucknut , it was indeed a thrill to dig up and not a cheap one ! :lol:

Looks like it was in a fire but hey, silver is silver! I have never found a U.S. silver dollar either. I did find a Canadian silver dollar though. Does that count? LOL. Best wishes and happy digging, Dave.

Thanks Dave , of course your Canadian Silver counts ! :clapping: All the best to you !

Rough or not, it's still a Morgan. Great find. :congrats:

Thank you DD , I'll take rough silver anytime ! :yes:

del
06-20-2021, 03:30 PM
Is there a thing as an "ugly" Morgan :thinkingabout::thinkingabout: Nah! ​congrats on the old silver CT !

Cheap Thrills
06-21-2021, 01:33 PM
Is there a thing as an "ugly" Morgan :thinkingabout::thinkingabout: Nah! ​congrats on the old silver CT !

Thank you Dan , I totally agree ! All the best to you !

badgers325
06-23-2021, 04:08 PM
Wow. Sometimes finding stuff that is altered like that makes a better story anyway. Shows the "real life" of things back then. Great find!!!!!

Cheap Thrills
06-23-2021, 10:19 PM
Wow. Sometimes finding stuff that is altered like that makes a better story anyway. Shows the "real life" of things back then. Great find!!!!!

Thank you Badger , I would agree . :yes: