PDA

View Full Version : I Sold My Silver and Bought a ...

Tony Two-Cent
07-02-2021, 01:49 PM

A couple of weekends ago I took all of my common date silver coins to a place in Vincennes, Indiana and sold them. This was a big decision for me as I had never sold any of my finds in my 45+ years of detecting. However, I decided it was silly to hang on to this stuff, especially since the price of silver is relatively high right now. I also sold a fairly large quantity of Walking Liberty and Franklin Halves that I had inherited from my grandparents.

I must admit that I was very pleasantly surprised at the amount I got for the coins. :shocked04:

So today I paid a visit to Marty Tracy at JMT Metal Detectors here in Robinson and bought myself a brand new Minelab Equinox 800.

Let the learning curve begin! :detecting:

Bucknut
07-02-2021, 04:31 PM
That is a hard thing to do selling some of your finds. I have a few items too. Hope you enjoy your new toy!

Lodge Scent
07-02-2021, 06:10 PM
Good for you Tony. I am sure you will enjoy the Nox. I agree with Bucknut. I even get attached to my junky buttons.

If I sold all my half dollars...I could by something worth 50 cents. :thumbsup02:

Digger Don
07-02-2021, 09:39 PM
Wow. I thought you were an e-tracer for life! Good luck with the new machine.
Next weekend?

Cheap Thrills
07-03-2021, 01:47 AM
Congratulations , a great choice and now you have two killer machines that really compliment each other !

OxShoeDrew
07-03-2021, 05:35 AM
Best of luck, Tony! You have so many skills you could find stuff with a stick taped to a colander. I hope you and your new machine are a perfect match!

Full Metal Digger
07-03-2021, 11:54 AM
What? and I was going to offer you $50 for each Ben Franklin half you had found! oh wait... :detecting:

Ill Digger
07-04-2021, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the club buddy. One tip, keep the Etrac pace of swinging. That ultra fast processor will surprise you in the trashyest of areas.

Ill Digger
07-04-2021, 12:33 AM
Next weekend?
Can I play? :huh:

Bucknut
07-04-2021, 07:51 PM
What? and I was going to offer you $50 for each Ben Franklin half you had found! oh wait... :detecting:

Ouch!

badgers325
07-05-2021, 03:39 PM
Congrats Tony! My wife keeps nagging me to do the same. Bunch of silver rings and coins. Was the company in Vincennes pretty good to deal with? A jeweler or ??

Tony Two-Cent
07-06-2021, 07:10 AM
Congrats Tony! My wife keeps nagging me to do the same. Bunch of silver rings and coins. Was the company in Vincennes pretty good to deal with? A jeweler or ??

They were awesome! And they paid in cash.

http://www.thegoldandsilvervault.com/

badgers325
07-06-2021, 11:06 AM
Thank you Tony. Might have to bring my stuff next time I have to go to Effingham. I always wonder who got mad at Ham and named it that city name......

Ill Digger
07-06-2021, 01:52 PM
.... I always wonder who got mad at Ham and named it that city name......
:hystericallaugh:

Moosapalooza
10-09-2021, 08:04 PM
I got to set something up Tony. This has been the worst year for me detecting in a long while. Especially since I got the equinox. Been busy as all get out. Got to get back out there. Anxious to talk to ya about the new detector.

Tony Two-Cent
10-10-2021, 07:58 PM
I got to set something up Tony. This has been the worst year for me detecting in a long while. Especially since I got the equinox. Been busy as all get out. Got to get back out there. Anxious to talk to ya about the new detector.

I hope we can get together soon, Moose! Let's make it happen!

DGDigger
06-17-2023, 01:10 PM
Hi - good info on the coins... I'm wondering if they paid you for the silver content, or if they paid you for the coin value? I have quite a few silver halves from the grandparents, etc. as well!

Tony Two-Cent
06-19-2023, 09:05 AM
Hi - good info on the coins... I'm wondering if they paid you for the silver content, or if they paid you for the coin value? I have quite a few silver halves from the grandparents, etc. as well!

They paid me the spot value silver price which was all I was expecting. These were all common date low grade coins.