PDA

View Full Version : Scored another Silver Quarter

Cheap Thrills
07-25-2021, 02:15 AM
I've been back to the old school twice since my last trip there with my Granddaughter for a total of about 5+1/2 hrs. . Last night I gave the Nox a rest and took out the old M6 with a Detech 6x8 coil . My best finds where a Boy Scout Neckerchief slide with a wolf on it and 6 wheats .Other stuff was a few more foreign coins , 2 more of those Aluminum Shell Presidential tokens , a clad quarter , 9 copper Memorials and of course some trash .
Tonight I brought out the old Explorer SE with a 6x8 Detech coil on the last dig of the night I scored this 1940
Washington it was under several layers of some remaining Ivy roots and a real bear to dig up very close to another one of those Shell Presidential tokens . It was a really pleasant surprise and it was the first time I ever got silver after a backbreaking , deeper root dig , usually it turns out to be crap .Tonight's other finds
were a clad quarter, 2 wheats , 2 memorials , two more Shell tokens and an English 2 pence coin .
Here's some before and after pictures pictured of good old George .

Bucknut
07-25-2021, 07:39 AM
Nice score! Sometimes it’s nice to bring out one of your old detectors to play with.

wisconsin digger
07-25-2021, 04:16 PM
Congrats on the silver quarter. Do you have a full set of the Shell Tokens yet? WD

OxShoeDrew
07-25-2021, 04:38 PM
George is scoring on the the silver Georges! Congrats!!!:clapping::shocked05:

Full Metal Digger
07-25-2021, 04:42 PM
Silver is always a good find! I really hate digging those presidential tokens because they sound like silver and even look like it when you first see them in the hole!

Cheap Thrills
07-25-2021, 11:05 PM
Nice score! Sometimes it’s nice to bring out one of your old detectors to play with.

Thanks Bucknut , it sure is !

Congrats on the silver quarter. Do you have a full set of the Shell Tokens yet? WD

Thanks WD , not yet and it's for sure not om my bucket list ! :lol:

George is scoring on the the silver Georges! Congrats!!!:clapping::shocked05:

Thanks Drew , it's been since before the Pandemic that I dug one .

Silver is always a good find! I really hate digging those presidential tokens because they sound like silver and even look like it when you first see them in the hole!

Thanks FMD , I agree and this place is loaded with them ! :girlcry: I didn't dig one on todays 2hr. hunt though .

TODAYS HUNT

Today I used the Nox with the 6" Coil . I Dug all targets . Lots of junk ( not pictured ) but I actually found some targets ( more than I expected )

I added some pictures and everything but the Boy Scout Neckerchief slide was found on this hunt .The slide was from the other night but I thought it was so cool I'd post it with today's finds .
I added a silver dime to the pot today and all three pennies are Wheat . Got some Mexican coins too . I will be hunting this place as much as I can while it's available , it's a nice patch of ground and I believe there's a few ,more good items left .