PDA

View Full Version : Gold and lots of silver coins!

Bucknut
08-22-2021, 08:52 PM
I was up at my cottage where I usually do a lot of relic detecting but while up there the water was so calm all of last week that I took the jetski to a beach site about 5 miles away. I knew it had some potential for jewelry so I thought I would give it a try. The first morning I got there and only found a junker ring after an hour. Then I dug up a 4 signal which turned out to be a 10k gold ring...it is tiny! It looked so good in the scoop and gave me a boost to keep digging all of the pull tabs!

Then over the next 30-45 minutes I found a section that had silver coins in it. I dug 3 mercs, a silver rosie and 2 silver Washingtons. I was pretty excited to try again. I hunted that beach the next 2 mornings and spent a total of 6-7 hours there. I found another 3 mercs, and a silver rosie and a silver Washington for a total of 11 silver coins. I did not find any silver jewelry though which surprises me but it is probably there, just have to go back next year. I am thinking that this place has only been lightly detected if at all...there are lots of targets.

The coins all came out heavily tarnished and I cleaned them up a little bit.

Thanks for looking! Jared

Cheap Thrills
08-23-2021, 01:12 PM
Awesome hunts Bucknut ! Congratulations ! You really kicked some serious butt ! Cool ring and a very impressive stash of silver . I love that Merc to Rosie ratio . My Merc to Rosie ratio tends to be pretty close to the exact opposite of yours . It's great that you ventured out and discovered a new productive spot . A nice post with good finds , hunt description and photos . I'm sure you will have more success at that location .

Pastpursuits
08-23-2021, 03:28 PM
Great water hunt ! Congrats on the silver and gold !!! If you research old water holes like this one you will have endless hunts just like this ! Hunting water reminds me of how land hunting was back in the 80's with great stuff everywhere. Awesome post.
PP

Full Metal Digger
08-23-2021, 05:17 PM
Congrats! That is a GREAT haul of silver and some gold too! Best wishes and happy digging, Dave.

Hiluxyota
08-24-2021, 09:03 AM
I was up at my cottage where I usually do a lot of relic detecting but while up there the water was so calm all of last week that I took the jetski to a beach site about 5 miles away. I knew it had some potential for jewelry so I thought I would give it a try. The first morning I got there and only found a junker ring after an hour. Then I dug up a 4 signal which turned out to be a 10k gold ring...it is tiny! It looked so good in the scoop and gave me a boost to keep digging all of the pull tabs!

Then over the next 30-45 minutes I found a section that had silver coins in it. I dug 3 mercs, a silver rosie and 2 silver Washingtons. I was pretty excited to try again. I hunted that beach the next 2 mornings and spent a total of 6-7 hours there. I found another 3 mercs, and a silver rosie and a silver Washington for a total of 11 silver coins. I did not find any silver jewelry though which surprises me but it is probably there, just have to go back next year. I am thinking that this place has only been lightly detected if at all...there are lots of targets.

The coins all came out heavily tarnished and I cleaned them up a little bit.

Thanks for looking! Jared

With all those coins there’s definitely more yellow in there. Keep banging out those low and mid tones ..

wisconsin digger
09-02-2021, 08:11 AM
That's encouraging as I plan on taking my water scoop upnorth and trying some of those beaches. Great batch of coins and congrats on the gold. WD

badgers325
09-02-2021, 08:40 AM
Woohoo! Way to go Bucknut!!! Love seeing all the silver and great find on that small gold ring.