PDA

View Full Version : Big Silver along with a good day of hunting

wisconsin digger
09-22-2021, 05:36 PM
Managed to pull out a nice Walker today. I think it survived because it was under a big root but was not that hard to get out. Also found 2 Barber Dimes and a Merc. Found 4 toasted wheats and a cool old whistle. Included a picture of all my big silvers this year. Need four more silver to hit the century mark. Thx Wisconsin Digger

Cheap Thrills
09-23-2021, 12:01 AM
Congrats on a fantastic day and all the big silver you've accumulated for the year. It looks like the big century goal will be arriving soon .

Menzl
09-23-2021, 09:55 AM
Great coins! Especially the huge! Glad to see finds being shown again. It was so quiet lately. Was the weather bad?

Bucknut
09-23-2021, 10:17 AM
Awesome finds! You are having a great year if you only 4 away from 100 silvers! I am sure it will happen soon. THanks for posting! it has been so quiet here.

Tony Two-Cent
09-23-2021, 10:54 AM
Congrats on the Walker! There's nothing like finding bid silver! The Barber Dimes are sweet too. What is the date on the Mercury Dime?

wisconsin digger
09-23-2021, 12:09 PM
Weather has been great but finds have been uneventful. A lot of single silver hunts with mostly war nickels and dimes. The Merc was a 1917 and oddly enough was found with a memorial. Must of been an early 60's, but I did not look as I found the penny before the Merc. I agree the postings have been way down, but not that unusual for August and early September I guess. Plus the fish have been biting just fine. Wisconsin Digger

badgers325
09-23-2021, 01:21 PM
Way to go WD! Love finding a half dollar! I haven't been out much the last 6 weeks. Too dry and I do not even want to hit parks when it is this dry.