PDA

View Full Version : Murderer's Knife, Bucket Lister

OxShoeDrew
10-13-2021, 05:41 PM
Hey everyone!
Sorry to have been absent the past few months. We took some vacations around the country.
Between our trips I did get to do some detecting but there was never enough time to post before heading out again.

The bucket lister is an 1810-20 Haitian military button. They are rare in NE but oddly are found more in the north west US.

The silver butter knife belonged to a locally well known murderer (1910s) whose house was torn down and made into a park. I don't think that was the murder weapon, actually I think it was a gun.:lol:
The spoon is also silver and has a beautiful rose on its bowl.
The dog tags are 1921,22,23
Thanks!

Cheap Thrills
10-13-2021, 10:33 PM
Congrats on all the great stuff Drew especially the Murderers knife and the Phoenix button ,

Bucknut
10-14-2021, 05:40 AM
Gee there are some interesting finds for sure! The silver knife and spoon is my favorite.

wisconsin digger
10-14-2021, 09:09 AM
Great finds. Hope there is no bad Karma with the knife. WD

Tony Two-Cent
10-14-2021, 11:04 AM
Wonderful variety of old finds, Drew! :clapping:

The silver knife and spoon are spectacular. How incredible that you found a murderer's butter knife! What a story! :shocked04:

The Haitian military button is intriguing as well! I don't recall seeing one before. Very cool!

I like how you just throw your coppers in a pile like they're unimportant. :lol: A Matron Head would be a thrilling find for us here in Illinois.

Congrats on the terrific finds and thank you for sharing them with us! :yes:

OxShoeDrew
10-14-2021, 04:40 PM
Thanks, Guys.
I also have a silver fork, Jarred...so now I need to make some dinner.:)

Thanks so much, George!

Geesh, I hope not WD! I'll go put it back :lol::shocked03:

I knew I had a military button in the field, Tony. I couldn't find which one for the longest time. The bird reminded me of the Austrian double neck but then I saw another example of mine on another forum. Apparently, they were made in Britain and CT but due to the king's suicide, never delivered. I guess they just sold them to people around the US, trying to unload them. Thanks!

Digger Don
10-15-2021, 09:13 AM
What a great bunch of finds, love the Button. Any idea on the age of the bottle?

Lodge Scent
10-15-2021, 09:19 AM
WOW! Yeah it would be a slow death with that knife Drew....but it is a very cool find! Nice score on the button!

OxShoeDrew
10-15-2021, 09:33 AM
Thank you Don and Jeff!
Does that bottle look like 1930s designs, Don?