PDA

View Full Version : Cool Fatty Find Story

OxShoeDrew
11-07-2021, 02:42 PM
So one of my property owners shows me some coins he found in a box in his barn. This barn had previously turned up crotal bells, skeleton keys...all kinds of stuff. These coins included an 1826 Cap Bust half and 1851 large cent, both in ridiculous condition with blues and browns in the coloring. There was also an 1863 fatty which I tell him all about. After our chat I go out on the property and find another 1863 fatty!!! How cool is that?! Thanks for looking!

The Rebel
11-07-2021, 05:03 PM
That's cool Drew. What's the back story on the box of coins?

OxShoeDrew
11-07-2021, 05:53 PM
That's cool Drew. What's the back story on the box of coins?It's crazy, Roger...these people lived on this property for generations, they found a box full of some guy's life, birth cert, all documents, few coins, love notes, dear john letter, everything... in their barn...AND THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHO IT IS!!!!...or why its there.

wisconsin digger
11-07-2021, 06:44 PM
Great story, and nice find. To bad you didn't find the clone of the other 2 coins. WD

Cheap Thrills
11-08-2021, 01:54 AM
Nice find and an interesting adventure Drew .

The Rebel
11-08-2021, 07:03 AM
It's crazy, Roger...these people lived on this property for generations, they found a box full of some guy's life, birth cert, all documents, few coins, love notes, dear john letter, everything... in their barn...AND THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHO IT IS!!!!...or why its there.

Wow, that's crazy. Wonder if the guy had one too many drinks, had his life's possessions and crashed in the barn to sleep it off. Or he had a crazy sense of humor and decided that when found they'll say who the heck left all of this?

badgers325
11-11-2021, 03:50 PM
Congrats. Just another awesome surprise in our hobby. WTG!

Tony Two-Cent
11-16-2021, 11:18 AM
Great story and quite a coincidence, Drew! Is that second photo the fatty that was in the box? It is in amazing shape.

Thanks for sharing this with us!