PDA

View Full Version : slow day until the "Po Po" flashed the badge !

del
11-08-2021, 07:24 PM
Got out with Donnie B , and Mr. Ron Yingling on Sunday . A good three plus mile hike along some very old abandon roads , i recorded about 4 to 5 old homesites and told the boys i had a good feeling about this adventure. Donnie did good but Ron had the hot coil and claimed a couple of old coppers , shoe buckle frame and gold plated ring :ticked:i sometimes hate that guy :lol:

other than a few buttons my best find didn't show up until after noon time but it was worth it 69741 , this was just a short distance from a 1700's era cellar hole but i'm pretty sure its much later maybe late 1800's form the attachment pin 69742 but i could tell it was a real silver plated badge and with just water and clr it cleaned up very bright 69743 .

get out there the weather is about perfect for hiking and detecting .

Dan

Cheap Thrills
11-08-2021, 08:32 PM
Nice find Dan and it cleaned up pretty nicely . I got fooled by your post title , I was expecting that you had a run in with " The Man" . :lol:

fyrffytr1
11-08-2021, 10:41 PM
That badge cleaned up very well. I have never seen one with that shape.

Digger Don
11-09-2021, 10:01 AM
That Badge is Gorgeous!!!!:perfect10::envious::envious:
Great find :wow:

OxShoeDrew
11-09-2021, 10:43 AM
So pretty, Dan...love the font!

The Rebel
11-10-2021, 06:26 AM
That's an amazing find Dan! Are you able to find the names of the people that lived in the home to see if there was any history of who was the policeman?

Lodge Scent
11-10-2021, 05:30 PM
Wow look at that shine! Quality plating under that dirt. Cool find Dan.

wisconsin digger
11-11-2021, 08:54 AM
Great recovery. Found a few toy badges but nothing that was the real deal. Great find. WD

Tony Two-Cent
11-11-2021, 12:57 PM
That badge is incredible, Dan! It's crazy how well it cleaned up. What a wonderful piece of history! :clapping:

:congrats:

badgers325
11-11-2021, 04:26 PM
That is one heck of a find Dan and I am guessing very unexpected. Too bad the pin in the back is too corroded, might wear that one all the time:clapping:

Damn, I love this hobby. Seeing all you guys/gals pull stuff out of the ground like this is just awesome!

del
11-11-2021, 07:58 PM
Nice find Dan and it cleaned up pretty nicely . I got fooled by your post title , I was expecting that you had a run in with " The Man" . :lol:

Thanks George , like the hobby I try to keep you guessing .:lol:

That badge cleaned up very well. I have never seen one with that shape.

It is an odd shape , it rang off like a typical shallow shotgun shell signal and to be honest after digging many prior to this i did contemplate not digging up , maybe if it hadn't been so close to the old homesite it still be there. to say i was surprised would of been a huge understatement. Thanks

That Badge is Gorgeous!!!!:perfect10::envious::envious:
Great find :wow:

Thanks Don , I appreciate that.

So pretty, Dan...love the font!

Me too ! Thank you sir .

That's an amazing find Dan! Are you able to find the names of the people that lived in the home to see if there was any history of who was the policeman?

You know Roger , I haven't . The homesite was clearly 1700's era and the house location isn't on any town maps and i'm pretty sure it was abandon or burnt down decades and decades before the time of this badge . I do know there was a lot of lumber/forest cutting and charcoal processing in these woods around the era of this badge's timeline. hopefully i can find more info from this .Thanks

Wow look at that shine! Quality plating under that dirt. Cool find Dan.

Thank you Jeff , Donnie's Connecticut copper coin may be a very unique or completely new variety :shocked03:

Great recovery. Found a few toy badges but nothing that was the real deal. Great find. WD

Yeah toy badges and cap guns are something i've encountered as well , Thanks

That badge is incredible, Dan! It's crazy how well it cleaned up. What a wonderful piece of history! :clapping:

:congrats: Thank you Tony , I love the unpredictability that this hobby sometimes gives us !

That is one heck of a find Dan and I am guessing very unexpected. Too bad the pin in the back is too corroded, might wear that one all the time:clapping:

Damn, I love this hobby. Seeing all you guys/gals pull stuff out of the ground like this is just awesome!

it was a very unexpected welcome site , thanks

Donnie B
11-12-2021, 06:34 AM
I couldn't believe it when you called out that you had found a badge. I really couldn't believe it when I was looking at it with my own eyes. What an awesome find. That's twice now that the "badge lightening" has hit you out in the woods. Congrats!

Donnie B
11-12-2021, 07:42 PM
Banner Find!

Noah
07-02-2023, 04:12 PM
Reminds me of my Hawkers and Peddler badge from 1925 but mine is chrome plated not silver plated. Love badges. Yours is way awesome!!

fyrffytr1
07-02-2023, 10:23 PM
Very nice find on the badge and it cleaned up very well. As far as getting out, I won't be doing that for a while. Temps in the upper 90s and heat indexes topping 108 are not ideal for hunting. Hopefully the creeks will dry up enough to get in them. I guess I will just have go to my man cave and look at some of my older finds. That should keep me busy for an hour or two.

del
07-25-2023, 03:34 PM
Very nice find on the badge and it cleaned up very well. As far as getting out, I won't be doing that for a while. Temps in the upper 90s and heat indexes topping 108 are not ideal for hunting. Hopefully the creeks will dry up enough to get in them. I guess I will just have go to my man cave and look at some of my older finds. That should keep me busy for an hour or two.

I hear you on that ... when the summer comes around its really miserable to be in the woods with the heat , mosquitoes , ticks , humidity and overwhelming foliage covering most sites . Thats the time to hit the creek beds for native points or water detecting . Thanks for the comments on the badge .

Dan

CTTodd
11-14-2023, 04:49 PM
Nice find Edward