PDA

View Full Version : Baseball field paid off..

Exploreruser
09-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Today I went to where a older Baseball field once stood for a couple hours of hunting, it was in use from the 1950's up till the 1980's..I scored a neat titanium ring & a few newer coins along with some older shotgun shell ends...I don't think the ring had been there long it was less then a half inch deep.. :happydance01:..Thanks for looking..

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/congogarrett/rng-1.jpg

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/congogarrett/rng2-1.jpg

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/congogarrett/rng3.jpg

Epi-hunter
09-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Nice finds... what's the tag or token?

coinnut
09-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Nice score on the ring :clapping: I don't know when Titanium started for rings, but I don't think it was that long ago. There should be some silver there since it started in the 50's. Even Mercs and Standing Liberty are possible. What's the wishbone looking item on the right?? Nice hunt and I hope you get some silver next time out!!

angellionel
09-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Those titanium rings sure can get you going at first. lol That site seems to have potential for more good stuff. :yes:

Exploreruser
09-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Nice finds... what's the tag or token?

It's a 1974 dog tag.. :) It showed as a perfect quarter signal & was about 6-7 inches deep..

Exploreruser
09-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Nice score on the ring :clapping: I don't know when Titanium started for rings, but I don't think it was that long ago. There should be some silver there since it started in the 50's. Even Mercs and Standing Liberty are possible. What's the wishbone looking item on the right?? Nice hunt and I hope you get some silver next time out!!

Thank you!! I have no idea what the wishbone looking item is.. :thinkingabout: Any guesses..

leslie(nova scotia)
09-22-2010, 06:06 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....good selection of finds and think the tag is for a dog. Holy ground finds......gotz to love it! ;)

kenfen
09-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Wishbone thing is a part of a hair barret... I think... :thinkingabout:

Regards, Ken

sjv
09-22-2010, 07:22 AM
I've never seen a titanium ring. What's the per ounce price on that metal. I only deal in gold and wow what a good time to sell. All my gold has doubled in price. Paid $143 for a 2000w Gold coin and now it's worth $300 plus.

RobW
09-22-2010, 07:26 AM
It never ceases to amaze me where bullets/casings are found. Makes me feel like it never ceased to be the wild west/east. Then again, there are times I wished I was carrying. Nice finds.

tanacat
09-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Congrats on that nice ring! I didn't even know they came in titanium. I wonder how to tell if something is platinum- a test kit I guess? I find big chunks of metal that seem like platinum... (wishful thinking? lol)

RobW
09-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Congrats on that nice ring! I didn't even know they came in titanium. I wonder how to tell if something is platinum- a test kit I guess? I find big chunks of metal that seem like platinum... (wishful thinking? lol)

Platinum is marked PT with a number gernerally 950, denoting the amount of platinum, (PT950).

coinnut
09-22-2010, 10:59 AM
I think titanium is the modern day rip off lolI think you pay a lot for the ring, but metal value is much lower than gold. We used to sell titanium earings that were multi color and they were a bit more expensive than silver. Mostly for the novelty of it. Haven't checked metal prices yet, but I bet ratio wise vs gold or platinum, it's overpriced. Sell while you can. lol

hoser
09-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Outstanding finds. Love the ring a lot. I would like to hear what it sounds like so I don't miss one. :bangahead01:

Exploreruser
09-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Outstanding finds. Love the ring a lot. I would like to hear what it sounds like so I don't miss one. :bangahead01:

Thank you all :)...The ring showed up in the pulltab range & is worth somewhere around 30. dollars I think.. I did get an I.D. on the wishbone looking item... Its part of an old sheet music holder.. :yes:

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/congogarrett/music-1-1.jpg

coinnut
09-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Thank you all :)...The ring showed up in the pulltab range & is worth somewhere around 30. dollars I think.. I did get an I.D. on the wishbone looking item... Its part of an old sheet music holder.. :yes:

Yeah I figured melt value was low, but I think it's better to keep the ring :clapping: Nice ID on the sheet music holder. Kinda a unique item.

tanacat
09-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Its part of an old sheet music holder.. :yes:

Totally!!! I remember my grandmother's... She played piano and violin...

Jason in Enid
09-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Congrats on the great finds! Sounds like that field could give up even better stuff!

The titanium rings are only from the last 10 years IIRC. Titanium is extremely hard and durable, but not an expensive metal. The expense of the rings comes from the cost involved in manufacturing. I have one that I wear when I go on deployments so that my gold ring won't get messed up.

wild willy
09-23-2010, 02:28 AM
titainium ring ? i never found one of those. have some in both my hips though :shocked01: cool finds. willy

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-24-2010, 06:42 PM
nice pld finds! you'll pull some silver from that field i can guarantee that.keep at it thumbsup01