PDA

View Full Version : Back in the USA - A Couple Good Finds

Full Metal Digger
11-14-2021, 04:09 PM
Hello Diggers,
Now that I am back in the USA and settled into my new home and job I have been able to get out 3 times detecting. The first 2 hunts were with Don and Noah up in Northern Illinois. The 3rd trip was to Indiana where we were hosted by Tony Two-cent. Why do I always pick the cold, windy, and rainy days to go detecting? LOL. I had a blast with the guys. It was nice to see them again after 4 years. Here are my keepers:

I think my favorite is the holed 1867 2-cent. The iron staining around the hole show this was probably worn on a necklace, perhaps by someone born in that year.

#7 crotal bell
1920's Health Crusader badge
1950 Hop-Along Cassidy good Luck token
Silver Washington
Silver Rosie
1924 Mercury dime
1919 buffalo nickel
no date buffalo nickel
1907 Indian Head cent
1905-O Barber dime
8 Wheat cents
1867 2-Cent
1862 Victoria penny (UK)
Sterling barrette (?) for infant or toddler (?)

OxShoeDrew
11-14-2021, 04:50 PM
You know you have a special hunt when you get a dime trifecta AND DON'T MENTION IT :lol:
That crotal is BIG!! Huge congrats and welcome back, Dave!!

Bucknut
11-14-2021, 04:57 PM
Nice dime trifecta! Yeah the 2 center is really cool too!

del
11-15-2021, 07:00 AM
Nice group of coins and relics Dave !

wisconsin digger
11-15-2021, 09:52 AM
Probably a little strange finding coins only 100-150 years old compared to what you were digging overseas. Great finds. Is the "O" Barber a micro? WD

Tony Two-Cent
11-15-2021, 09:53 AM
It was great hunting with you again after four years, Dave! You have picked up right where you left off, making super finds here in the USA. I am happy that you got that nice crotal bell on Saturday. What a cool relic! The Hopalong Cassidy token is a wonderful find also. Boy, it sure gave a nice signal!

Congrats on the two cent piece as well. It has been 7 years since I have found one. You seem to have a knack for finding them! That one has nice detail on it still. Great find!

Thanks for your friendship and generosity, buddy. Let's detect together again soon!

Menzl
11-15-2021, 12:13 PM
Hi. Great finds and so many coins in good condition. I especially like the bell. Is that from a sledge? If you come to Germany again let me know.

Cheap Thrills
11-15-2021, 11:02 PM
Great finds ! Congrats ! I'm kind of partial to your Hopalong Cassidy token . I lost mine in our backyard when I was a very young boy in the 1950's .
Many years later I found it , a lone wheat cent and a rusted kids charm bracelet that a friend of mine lost . I went back several more times with different detectors and never found another thing .
Good to hear your back in your stateside groove and doing well ! :thumbsup01:

badgers325
11-16-2021, 02:28 PM
Congrats on the finds sir! Dime trifecta and a 2 cent, that is a great few days of hunting. It was nice of Tony to help bridge the gap between overseas and USA digging. Sacrificing not even getting an Indian for you. What a great friend.

Love that crotal bell.