PDA

View Full Version : Finds from two older homesites in October

BTV Digger
11-26-2021, 11:05 AM
Here's my haul from two hunts from back in October. Two separate permission homesites of very close friends (northeastern VT hay field & a Champlain Valley cornfield). We hunt regularly and share many sites together which is great. Best take for me was the Vermont Civil War era button (1850s-60s), New York State Militia button (1820s-30s I think), silver plated Victorian sash buckle, and the '58 Flying Eagle. The worn copper is either a George III halfpenny or a Connecticut - not a big deal as it's so toasty. Thanks for looking.

John

The Rebel
11-26-2021, 12:17 PM
Those are some great finds. The FE is in great shape!

Lodge Scent
11-26-2021, 12:35 PM
Great digs John. I like those eagles. The VT button is really cool. You rarely see one of those posted.

Are you still able to swing the coil or has the VT weather shut you down already?

badgers325
11-29-2021, 04:39 PM
Great finds John! Detail on the Vermont button is really nice! Love it all!!!!

del
11-30-2021, 06:06 AM
exceptional finds John , I would say your excelsior button is a bit older and maybe pre 1820's and its always a pleasure to see a Vermont militia button both great finds ! your coin is definitely a KGIII by the way .

Dan

BTV Digger
12-04-2021, 09:29 AM
Those are some great finds. The FE is in great shape!

Thanks Roger!

Great digs John. I like those eagles. The VT button is really cool. You rarely see one of those posted.

Are you still able to swing the coil or has the VT weather shut you down already?

Thanks Jeff! That's my 3rd VT button so I'm lucky I guess in that sense. Yeah, the weather essentially shut us down the Friday after Thanksgiving. Snow has melted after a brief warm-up, but it's 15 degrees up here this morning, so you can imagine the state of the open ground - solid as steel.

Great finds John! Detail on the Vermont button is really nice! Love it all!!!!

Thank you!

exceptional finds John , I would say your excelsior button is a bit older and maybe pre 1820's and its always a pleasure to see a Vermont militia button both great finds ! your coin is definitely a KGIII by the way .

Dan

Thank you Dan, and thanks for the button info! Yeah, I think I listed 1820s-30s because my Albert's book was a bit unclear on date ranges.

John

OxShoeDrew
12-04-2021, 10:05 AM
Love all those finds! Those flying eagles are rare. Congrats! I hope winter stays away a bit longer. :congrats:

Camp Breathedsville
12-04-2021, 10:12 AM
Nothing wrong with that batch of goodies! You had a good hunt!