PDA

View Full Version : Silver dimes galore (for me)

badgers325
12-09-2021, 05:50 PM
I cheated a little bit finding the 3 rosies and 5 wheaties in a rubber pouch we all had as kids (at least some of us older guys). The 2 Mercs were found on the same line separate about 5 feet from pouch. This was the first 30 minutes at a new spot and I thought I hit the motherload. Just clad the rest of the 4 hour day. Was hunting in the woods again enjoying a day off about 2 weeks ago in a public park that I was never at before. Hit a different park earlier in day and got 1 merc there too.

Also got the enclosed harmonica??? reed. It is weird that it isn't straight across, but tapers toward the end and wider in the middle. Maybe this isn't a harmonica reed? Nothing overly exciting, but had another fun day enjoying the weather. Next week we hit the 50s and this guy is taking another day off to detect.

Cheap Thrills
12-09-2021, 06:12 PM
Congrats on a great day Badger! I have yet to find any type of coin purse with or without coins in them. I remember those coin holders I haven't seen one of those in years. The anticipation of what was inside must have been like opening up a Christmas present.

badgers325
12-09-2021, 11:09 PM
It was pretty fun opening it. Heck, I just like being out doing this hobby. Those coin purses hurt if you got your finger in it and it closed quickly.

QUOTE=Cheap Thrills;234833]Congrats on a great day Badger! I have yet to find any type of coin purse with or without coins in them. I remember those coin holders I haven't seen one of those in years. The anticipation of what was inside must have been like opening up a Christmas present.[/QUOTE]

Lodge Scent
12-10-2021, 08:26 AM
Hey Badger, I remember those rubber pouches. I am glad it wasn't empty! That looks like a harmonica reed. I've found tapered ones as well. Why waste brass on the high notes if you don't have to. ;)

OxShoeDrew
12-10-2021, 08:40 AM
Yep, I also remember thinking I was going to keep my money in one of the rubber holders until the next day I'd forget it, then lose it, :lol: wait that might be mine! :lol:
Congrats!

Bucknut
12-10-2021, 05:17 PM
Well done! Yeah this time of year if the weather gets to 50 you are a happy camper if you can get out!

wisconsin digger
12-10-2021, 09:04 PM
You did quite well if you found 5 silver in that Park. I've been hunting that (and many others) since the early 70's. I take it the Xmas decorations pushed you into the woods. I'm partly to blame as I helped setup some of the scenes. Congrats WD (enjoying a 12"snowfall upnorth)

badgers325
12-13-2021, 11:25 AM
Thanks guys.

WD - I wanted to hit the woods. Just enjoying the weather that day and enjoying the hobby. I went by the lodge and tried there a bit and found a matchbox car and a little clad. You definitely did a good job on the cleanup over the years.

Ox - send me your address and I will mail it to you....:lolsign:

Lodge - First one I have ever seen that was tapered like that. Good to know. Thank you.

BTV Digger
12-19-2021, 01:28 PM
Solid finds there, especially for park! All the parks around here, and there are a number of them, have been cleaned out long, long ago, so there's no hope for me there.

John

badgers325
12-29-2021, 03:45 PM
Kind of have to think outside the box here since most of the parks have been hammered. I go low and slow as well.