PDA

View Full Version : XP Deus on a nail test...

calabash digger
12-15-2021, 06:21 PM
Check this out...
https://youtu.be/2jfCfQoSEEI

laidback4sho
12-15-2021, 09:09 PM
Hey CD, you heard any word on when they'll be available here in the US? Got my preorder in through Detector Electronics Corp.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

calabash digger
12-15-2021, 09:33 PM
No, but I saw a guy on youtube (tester) say they would be in England before Christmas.

laidback4sho
12-15-2021, 09:53 PM
Thanks man! And keep them videos comin'. Wish I could comment on them, but I understand why I can't. Too many naysayers on there. Even in my Facebook group, XP Deus Programs and Settings, you'll hear a lot of whining and bellyaching. It gets old.

calabash digger
12-16-2021, 06:39 AM
It does that is one of the reasons I dont do it. I told people early on about the Nox and how good it is and got the same crap ...One of the garrett guys beat me to death...Guess what he swings today? A Nox!

Bucknut
12-16-2021, 10:02 AM
Wow I love my Nox but that is pretty clear...the D2 kicked butt in that test!

I sold the original 3 years ago mainly because I hunt modern parks so much and pull tabs would ring up low, mid, and high ... the consistency of target id's (for me anyways) is critical. I would get very frustrated using it. I also did not like the depth gauge...again as a park hunter depth is an important piece of information I like when I detect. Looks like with the multi frequency TID numbers would be more consistent. Did they change the horse shoe depth gauge? I hope so.

Look forward to more of your videos. I have a few spots that I would like to swing that machine...particularly that 1812 era camp where I have dug up over 100 buttons...maybe there is 100 more?

OxShoeDrew
12-19-2021, 08:28 AM
Hey CD, did you try the 10x5 on the Nox vs the 9in on the deus? Thanks for your vids!

BTV Digger
12-19-2021, 02:07 PM
Thanks for these videos CD. Very informative. I'm probably gonna get an XP Deus in the spring. In your opinion is the learning curve still manageable if I go straight to the XP Deus II? I've used a Garret AT-Pro for several years and found a ton of good stuff, but it's time to make the change to a higher end machine so I can sniff out the 10-20% I've probably missed at these sites.

John

Lodge Scent
12-19-2021, 02:58 PM
John I don't have a Deus II yet, but from everything I have seen it is set up quite similar to the Deus. I found the Deus to be very intuitive and easy to learn. It looks like the D2 has great stock programs for those that just want to turn it on and go.

del
12-19-2021, 05:50 PM
this test was very interesting i would also like to see the original Deus in the mix just to see how much better or other features the new one has over the old CD.

Thanks man! And keep them videos comin'. Wish I could comment on them, but I understand why I can't. Too many naysayers on there. Even in my Facebook group, XP Deus Programs and Settings, you'll hear a lot of whining and bellyaching. It gets old.

Fakebook is terrible with the whiners and their "community standards of suppression of real information " but there are a few social media alternatives to go to with real free speech and ideas .

calabash digger
12-19-2021, 09:44 PM
I D on this machine is great ... Del its not a rehash of the Deus I it beats it in all areas from what I have seen... SIMULTANEOUS Multi is the new standard ...Park hunters are goin to be able to use this calm machine and do very well with it.

del
12-20-2021, 05:47 AM
I D on this machine is great ... Del its not a rehash of the Deus I it beats it in all areas from what I have seen... SIMULTANEOUS Multi is the new standard ...Park hunters are goin to be able to use this calm machine and do very well with it.

CD , can you tell us how the FMF (fast multi-frequency) works ? I'm familiar with some types of multi frequency machines , does the Deus II have pre selected frequencies it pairs together or could you select particular frequencies within a selection of frequencies or does it rotate constantly through these frequencies similar to FBS (FULL BAND SPECTRUM) similar to some minelabs ? I guess this has not been clarified by Deus so I'm very curios as to how this machine does it .

Dan

calabash digger
12-20-2021, 04:37 PM
There not telling us the how... Laymens terms ,it is processing multiple freqs at the same time from the low end to the end. VERY FAST! Different programs process different freqs...

Bucknut
12-21-2021, 07:54 AM

Well that is exciting for me! Thanks for your videos and posts...we all appreciate them.