PDA

View Full Version : D2 Maiden Voyage IMPRESSIVE !

Lodge Scent
03-20-2022, 03:06 PM
I think we got a real winner with this machine. I took it to my most pounded colonial site. It's a small little site and I've been lucky to pull a cuff button from the iron every now and then at this site over the last couple of years. The D2 managed to sniff out 6 additional buttons and a knee buckle fragment. Hunted with a couple of Pitch programs most of the time but did manage a couple of buttons in Deep HC as well.

One of the buttons is a Continental Navy button! Looks like the same style as the one you found last November Dan.

OxShoeDrew
03-20-2022, 03:49 PM
No pics? ...then those buttons don't exist :lol: Only Dan knows what that Navy button looks like. Tease!
As you know from our texts, I just got back from my D2 maiden too! I was also impressed, even though unlike you I never used the original Deus...AND I'm currently dealing with a curse. Even so, I dug a religious medal and tons of non-ferrous. I won't have much of a learning curve with the tones.
i do have some questions that I'll pester you with in a PM.
Congrats and continued success with your new wand!

Lodge Scent
03-20-2022, 05:36 PM
OK Drew, you shamed me into posting the pics! ;) And BTW, Dan's button is on the banner. Hopefully mine will look that good when it is cleaned. Glad you got off to a good start with the D2.

https://i.imgur.com/fIHHk8D.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/Z0c9Lzl.jpg?1

del
03-20-2022, 05:41 PM
Wow great button ! lets see it cleaned :envious: the DII is impressive alright !!

Drew if you want some "in the field" help with that machine Jeff or I would gladly come to you and hunt somewhere to compare signals and give tips to some of them nuances .

The Rebel
03-20-2022, 06:35 PM
Looks like you had a good day. Let's see that button all cleaned up.

OxShoeDrew
03-26-2022, 11:18 AM
Yes, I'd love a "playing lesson." Button looks like it's a winner, Jeff!

del
03-26-2022, 12:01 PM

Lodge Scent
04-03-2022, 07:31 PM
Oh you are going to like the D2 Dan.

Here is the Navy button partially cleaned. It's pretty delicate so I stopped here for now.

https://i.imgur.com/7l6fYm1.jpg

Continuing the tour of my most pounded sites......Last week I managed another bunch of buttons and a super deep toasty 1797 Draped Bust. I love those early ones. This was dug the cellar hole front yard and coils have gone over that copper a hundred times.

This week, more buttons and a copper that stumped the heck out of me. I saw the reeded edge and was thinking Liberty Cap! But when I got home and cleaned it a bit I could see some letters on the obverse. What copper has a reeded edge with letters on the obverse?? I let it dry over night and tried to clean it a bit more. I got the letters "John" to appear. And there were some really odd rectangles on the reverse. I was totally stumped and ready to call you for an ID but then I thought maybe it's a token. Sure enough, I started looking at English tokes and found a match. It's a 1793 John Wilkinson Conder token. You can't mistake those odd rectangles on the reverse for any other token.

https://i.imgur.com/mni1UEK.jpg

First few hunts.

https://i.imgur.com/6JnMekb.jpg

Ill Digger
04-04-2022, 12:01 AM
That's pretty dang impressive!
Congrats on the goodies!
I think I'm going to have to get me one of these fancy new DĒUS II's��

del
06-15-2022, 07:26 PM
I'm finally on board with the Deus 2 and looking toward getting as much out of it as possible .

Lodge Scent
06-15-2022, 09:18 PM
Good to hear that Dan. I am enjoying mine even though XP still has a few annoying quirks to work out. Drew has been really putting his through the paces and is ahead of me on the learning curve even though I was very proficient with the D1. The D2 really is a different machine in many aspects.

del
06-16-2022, 05:32 PM
Good to hear that Dan. I am enjoying mine even though XP still has a few annoying quirks to work out. Drew has been really putting his through the paces and is ahead of me on the learning curve even though I was very proficient with the D1. The D2 really is a different machine in many aspects.

I would agree , i am trying to get the exact tonal sounds i had on the first deus but i am liking some of the new features already.

Donnie B
06-20-2022, 09:14 AM
I would agree , i am trying to get the exact tonal sounds i had on the first deus but i am liking some of the new features already.

Ok. I have been very good and resisting the urge to sell one of my Deus I's and get a Deus II. I can't bear the thought of Danny going back to all of our pounded sites and pulling stuff out with the Deus II while I watch with the vintage Deus I in my hand. It's a safe bet that I will have one in my backpack in short order.

del
06-20-2022, 04:44 PM
Ok. I have been very good and resisting the urge to sell one of my Deus I's and get a Deus II. I can't bear the thought of Danny going back to all of our pounded sites and pulling stuff out with the Deus II while I watch with the vintage Deus I in my hand. It's a safe bet that I will have one in my backpack in short order.

now that you mention it i would like to go back to a couple of old haunts that were good to us

Donnie B
06-22-2022, 01:06 PM
now that you mention it i would like to go back to a couple of old haunts that were good to us

I can think of one that we never even took the Deus I's too. I would love to see if anything comes out of that one.

del
06-22-2022, 05:09 PM
I can think of one that we never even took the Deus I's too. I would love to see if anything comes out of that one.

Which one ?70328

Donnie B
06-23-2022, 11:50 AM
Which one ?70328

Lodge Scent
06-23-2022, 08:46 PM
Donnie B, we put tracking device in your car the day after you found your shilling. So don't worry about spilling the beans. Feel free to speak openly.

del
06-24-2022, 05:09 AM

that area has about half a dozen 1600's to very early 1700's sites , we should plan a day just to go over all them good . the finds might be slim but what is found might be spectacular !

Jeff , when we plan this out your welcome to join us .

Dan

Donnie B
06-26-2022, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=del;235783]that area has about half a dozen 1600's to very early 1700's sites , we should plan a day just to go over all them good . the finds might be slim but what is found might be spectacular !

Jeff , when we plan this out your welcome to join us .

I like the way you think! There was a Liard in the Chimney Stack spill. We might be able to unmask something really good.

Lodge Scent
06-26-2022, 06:05 PM
Thanks Donnie , you and Dan are both very generous.

Digger_O'Dell
06-27-2022, 04:39 PM
You guys are probably getting that tingling feeling from the rest of our jealousy since a really good day here might get us a few IH's or a V nickel. :envious: