PDA

View Full Version : 1st hunt 2022

badgers325
03-21-2022, 12:04 PM
My wife thought I was nuts going out in 29 degree weather with rain in forecast. Told her I already am nuts from not detecting for 3 months. She just rolled her eyes. She doesn't understand the hobby at all. It did get up to about 36 degrees before I called it quits.

First thing I found was a Susan B Anthony dollar in the parking lot (rough shape) at a park. It was about 2 seconds after I got out of the car. The 30 second rule doesn't apply for it was found quicker, or so I hoped.

Ended up with 6 wheaties (1940-50s) and a couple Mercs (1936 and 45).

Main goal of the day was to get the arm back into shape. Put the big coil on the CTX and now my bicep is a little sore today.

Good luck out there everyone. Looking forward to seeing all your finds this season!! 70043

Bucknut
03-22-2022, 06:31 AM
Ha ha! Yeah we are nuts at times BUT those silvers I am sure were worth it! Congrats.

OxShoeDrew
03-22-2022, 10:26 AM
That Anthony looks like it was dropped a few weeks ago. I've found a few that were in the ground some years and they look just like 200 yr old coppers. i don't remember anyone ever using them, I guess thats why they're gone. Nice start, Darryl!

wisconsin digger
03-22-2022, 12:26 PM
Yes, its nice to get out again. Nice hunt double silver on a first hunt is a great cabin fever cure. I am assuming most of your ground is thawed (sunny spots) as most of the open areas here are pretty soft. Thx for posting. WD

Digger_O'Dell
03-23-2022, 06:18 AM
Good start to the year, despite our crazy weather lately. About the only place I've seen the SBA dollars in regular use was certain vending machines such as a prior workplace of mine before they updated and went digital.

badgers325
03-28-2022, 09:07 AM
Thanks guys.

WD - Everything was thawed. I went out exploring the other day in a wood and ran into some frost about 8" down with water under it (weird).

Buck/DOD - great to get out again.

Drew - My guess is that it was dropped in the winter and the plow scraped it around a bit. I have found 2 MDing about 5 years ago and now this one. I have a bunch that I kept as a kid.