PDA

View Full Version : Today was...epic. I can't believe all the stuff I found, seems like a dream.

Myownwings
09-22-2010, 06:53 PM
I put in a full day today (10 hrs) hunting in all my old places that I have been over and over with my DFX. I pulled so much neat stuff up I'm just sitting here in a daze. I just can't believe it. The E-Trac and me have bonded for life. I absolutely love this detector. Some of the stuff I found was only down about 4, can't believe I missed them. Anyway, I'm going to be posting pictures shortly. Having a beer at the moment and smiling from ear to ear:)

coinnut
09-22-2010, 07:03 PM
I put in a full day today (10 hrs) hunting in all my old places that I have been over and over with my DFX. I pulled so much neat stuff up I'm just sitting here in a daze. I just can't believe it. The E-Trac and me have bonded for life. I absolutely love this detector. Some of the stuff I found was only down about 4, can't believe I missed them. Anyway, I'm going to be posting pictures shortly. Having a beer at the moment and smiling from ear to ear:)

lol lol Don't sell that DFX too short yet, it comes out of the box a bit tame. The DFX should find coins at 4 even if partially masked with the right settings. But your story is one I have heard (and personally done) a lot thumbsup01 It's amazing what we leave behind until a diferent technology comes along. I take it you had no issues getting acquainted with the E Trac lol Can't wait to see them pictures. Congrats on your maiden voyage :clapping: :clapping: :beerbuddy:

Myownwings
09-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Umm, thought I had more..yea well, good day anyway.

angellionel
09-22-2010, 07:47 PM
That is an awesome day's hunt any way you look at it. :peace: Those are some sweet finds for sure, and a good amount of silver! :beerbuddy: The love affair with your new machine begins. lol

Epi-hunter
09-22-2010, 07:50 PM
That is a fabulous silver day!!! :shocked04: Wow, especially for one of your first E-Trac trips!!

I can only hope to have a day like that soon. Congrats!!!

milco
09-22-2010, 07:58 PM
That's a nice hunt with any machine, but even more amazing that it was your first time out with a new machine, E-Trac
or not.

Myownwings
09-22-2010, 08:07 PM
I ran the stock coil program, just turned down the threshold and +3 on Sensitivity. The machine was totally stable all day long. Something I could never do with the DFX. EMI always caused so much falsing I probably passed over all this stuff before...although my DFX did get me a 1892 Barber Quarter at 9 or 10 in the spring when the ground was wet...also a bunch of mercs. But it was always a fight with the DFX for me in my ground conditions. I did like the balance of the machine though, my arm never hurt like it does now.

jkress
09-22-2010, 08:09 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:

You had a fantastic day out there treasure hunting. Many, many great finds. Especially that Kennedy half.. you just don't seem to see many people finding those 90% silver coins.

Can't wait to see what you find next.

Congrats.

Myownwings
09-22-2010, 08:14 PM
The half actually fooled me. I was certain it was a beer or soda can buried deep. I was just trying to learn all the sounds today from the E-Trac. When I seen that half, looking almost perfect in the hole, I thought wow, a Kennedy half, holy crap. That was mid morning and I think my attitude was so positive that things just starting falling into place.

wild willy
09-22-2010, 08:42 PM
nice hunt! and by the way you look just like my cousin tom bertolet from reading p.a willy

kenfen
09-22-2010, 08:48 PM
What a great day and a great way to start out with your new detector. All the worry, doubt, fear and research mode are done now. Time to relax, dig treasure and enjoy detecting to it's fullest!

Way to go! Another E-Trac success story.

Regards, Ken

coinnut
09-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Simply amazing!! :shocked04: :clapping: Congrats on all the nice coins...too long to list lol That stock coin program is just the beginning. You lose some stability when you go manual, but you gain depth. Now I know why there isn't a silver dollar pictured, the coin pattern discriminates them :ticked: But you can alter that. Hey you had to save something for the second trip anyways lol great job, I'm shocked and for the record.... you have great hunting sites :yes:

I did like the balance of the machine though, my arm never hurt like it does now.

It should hurt, you dug ten times the targets and hunted 10 hours. Just think of the muscles you will have on one arm lol

Myownwings
09-22-2010, 09:17 PM
This is one of the sites I hunted today. The 1847 large copper was found on the front left side The spoon, car and much of the clad on the right side. This site I had been pounding daily with the DFX, but emi was a nightmare. The home was built in 1802 and was mentioned when I first joined the forum under My Story. All better now :)

coinnut
09-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Beautiful house :shocked04: It just screams more coppers and silver to me lol

Beefcake
09-22-2010, 09:38 PM
I experienced the same OMG moment when I started using the ET from the DFX. Every place that I had previously hunted this year has produced silver for me. It's amazing how much one detector can miss over another. Sweet hunt!

BillZ
09-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Very cool! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
I bet you are on cloud nine!

My wish list is set on an E-Trac.
I only hope I can get it before someone else around here does!

Myownwings
09-22-2010, 10:24 PM
They are actually pretty tough to get. Rich Robinson from Backwoodsdetectors.com (a very nice Southern Gentleman) just told me he has had them on backorder for months. The guy I bought mine from in Gettysburg also was not pleased with Minelab's delivery.

rsarge1
09-23-2010, 09:55 AM
very nice hunt wtg :clapping: :clapping:

RobW
09-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Nice diversity of finds!

tanacat
09-24-2010, 01:24 PM
:shocked04: Holy moly! I bet you are in a daze! And a little of this :happydance01: every now and then?

I love the pic of the house, so nice :)

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-24-2010, 05:05 PM
wow congrats! beautiful old home too! i may have to dust off my minelab XS now :drool: