PDA

View Full Version : Short Hunt - Buff's & Silver - Thanks to Del

catskillcomics
09-22-2010, 08:15 PM
I went to a local park that both myself and Hockeyguy had beat to death... earlier this year Dan (Del)gave me a program to try so.... I thought I would give it a whirl.. Oh My!!! I was planning on going for a long hunt for 2 or 3 hours, but it was cut short to only an hour due to rain... but wow... I was hitting targets 7-8 inches deep with no problem with this new program.. ended up with 2 buffalo nickels (1936 & unknown) and a 1944 Merc that was 8.5deep..

Hey what can I say... THANKS DAN!!!!!!!!!!! :beerbuddy:

Myownwings
09-22-2010, 08:18 PM
I always loved the designs on the old nickels and dimes. Gratz. What changes brought the increase in depth?

SeabeeRon
09-22-2010, 08:20 PM
NICE!! Hope you go back when the rain stops!! :yes:

Jason in Enid
09-22-2010, 09:09 PM
That's great! What machine are you using?

coinnut
09-22-2010, 09:14 PM
I went to a local park that both myself and Hockeyguy had beat to death... earlier this year Dan (Del)gave me a program to try so.... I thought I would give it a whirl.. Oh My!!! I was planning on going for a long hunt for 2 or 3 hours, but it was cut short to only an hour due to rain... but wow... I was hitting targets 7-8 inches deep with no problem with this new program.. ended up with 2 buffalo nickels (1936 & unknown) and a 1944 Merc that was 8.5deep..

Hey what can I say... THANKS DAN!!!!!!!!!!! :beerbuddy:

So it looks like Del is supplying the enemy lol Wait till Aaron hears about this 8/ Great job on Dan's program. I know it can go deep and it even goes deeper when you get away from the city/town EMI. In the woods it's an even better program. Wait until you get used to it and start pulling iffy targets out. Nice hunt and congrats on the deep silver :happydance01:

angellionel
09-22-2010, 09:25 PM
So it looks like Del is supplying the enemy lol Wait till Aaron hears about this 8/

That's what I was thinking. lol Et tu Brutus? rofl

Very nice finds, Scott! thumbsup01

catskillcomics
09-22-2010, 09:30 PM
That's great! What machine are you using?

Using a DFX...

coinnut
09-22-2010, 09:35 PM
That's what I was thinking. lol Et tu Brutus? rofl

Famous last words lol

catskillcomics
09-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Whoa,... (A) supplying the enemy?? and no, conspiracy either, ... I just wanted Aaron to think he was catching up.. doing the ole cat and mouse game.. lol

coinnut
09-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Whoa,... (A) supplying the enemy?? and no, conspiracy either, ... I just wanted Aaron to think he was catching up.. doing the ole cat and mouse game.. lol

That's OK, Angel is giving Aaron his E Trac and offering him lessons on it rofl I think he is gonna mark all the silver ones for him too lol

RobW
09-23-2010, 12:11 PM
That;s great, that's what I love about this site is bringing us together to help each other out. The help I have received from members here has been awsome and saved me so much time and frustration and allows us all to be more productive.

del
09-23-2010, 03:36 PM
hey thats great news Scott and as George said wait until you get use to it and start really hearing the iffy ones , you can really pull some deep coins with that program but as Coinnut said emi is a problem i haven't really worked on the settings for city use . that program was tweaked for the 6x10 coil and thats where it really shines out in the sticks .

So it looks like Del is supplying the enemy lol Wait till Aaron hears about

we dfx'ers have to stick together and show solidarity :teasing: :peace: :teasing:

jkress
09-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Nice!

I hope your new setting continue to produce.

Can't wait to see what you get next.

Congrats.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-24-2010, 06:32 PM
that's why we call him &quot:grin:an da Man thumbsup01 nice finds!

wagon wheel
09-25-2010, 11:29 PM
sooooooo...what did you do to the DFX in order to get the 8.5 inches:huh:thinkingabout: Please share the rest of the story I'm certainly not getting that kind of depth out of my V3i. My old DFX is getting thick with dust...perhaps it's time to rethink things. Can't wait to see what you did to the DFX. :confused:

w.w.