PDA

View Full Version : A hunt at an old fairgrounds

Bucknut
07-08-2022, 10:35 AM
I saw Badgers325's post yesterday and it was nice that someone here finally posted something! I guess we all have been pretty busy with things and the ground around me has been very dry. With Badgers post I decided to try my best to get out last night for a few hours at least. I had a really nice hunt and found a 1916 mercury dime...no D. Also found a 1936 Buff.

These other items I found back in late May and early June.

Thanks for looking!

OxShoeDrew
07-08-2022, 12:44 PM
I hope you've been "good" busy! You've got the dimes covered of late. Nice job! :clapping:

Tony Two-Cent
07-08-2022, 02:17 PM
Wow, beautiful finds! Those 1916 Mercs sure give us a moment of pause, don't they?

What is the larger silver item? A smooshed napkin ring?

Bucknut
07-08-2022, 02:53 PM
Wow, beautiful finds! Those 1916 Mercs sure give us a moment of pause, don't they?

What is the larger silver item? A smooshed napkin ring?

Thanks. That silver thing is smooshed but it is not a napkin ring...it is very thin and if it was not smooshed it would be about the diameter of a nickel.

Whenever I find a 1916 merc I always get excited. It is kinda like the lottery only more fun.

Bucknut
07-08-2022, 03:05 PM
I hope you've been "good" busy! You've got the dimes covered of late. Nice job! :clapping:

Yeah "good" busy. Work is hectic and home on the "farm" is also busy with new calf and doing lots of hay.

wisconsin digger
07-09-2022, 02:04 PM
I was thinking the same thing on postings but I have been lazy at posting anything myself. Nice finds at the fairgrounds. I think I have found 5 or 6 1916 dimes but no luck as well, but as Tony said its fun hoping. I've been having some OK hunts but have been recovering from eye surgery and will be closing on my House on Monday so when not detecting I have had plenty to do. Once I am done with the house I'll post a summary finds for the last couple of months. Nice recoveries and thx for posting. WD

badgers325
07-09-2022, 09:49 PM
Congrats WD. Glad I inspired you to get out. Keep swinging!!

Ill Digger
07-25-2022, 10:39 PM
That silver thing is smooshed but it is not a napkin ring...it is very thin and if it was not smooshed it would be about the diameter of a nickel.
Cane band? Decorative can tip?
Whatever it is, I LIKE IT!
Your always into the good stuff!
Congrats!👍🏻😎👍🏻