PDA

View Full Version : Park program in colonial iron

Lodge Scent
08-14-2022, 02:34 PM
I had never detected with the Park prgram because it uses a lot more filters than I am used to hunting with. I thoughtmaybe it's useful in modern trashy sites but not likely good at colonial ironsites. But I saw a post recently where some guy says he really likes it at hisiron-laden colonial sites. So with the break in the temps I decided to get fora few hours this morning. I went to my "test" site. It's a tinycolonial homestead that hasn't had an easy target in years. Much to my surpriseI found 4 small buttons in the bone dry dirt using Park. Three of the buttons were found withthe stock setting of Reactivity of 2.5 and one at the end when I checked the site using aReactivity on 4. Other than that, it was just the stock settings. Lesson learned is that I need to challenge my own assumptions more often.

Drew I think you use Park, but do you use it in the colonial iron ?

Jeff

OxShoeDrew
08-14-2022, 03:02 PM
Haven't touched Park yet. Haven't even used General.

del
08-14-2022, 06:22 PM
I had never detected with the Park prgram because it uses a lot more filters than I am used to hunting with. I thoughtmaybe it's useful in modern trashy sites but not likely good at colonial ironsites. But I saw a post recently where some guy says he really likes it at hisiron-laden colonial sites. So with the break in the temps I decided to get fora few hours this morning. I went to my "test" site. It's a tinycolonial homestead that hasn't had an easy target in years. Much to my surpriseI found 4 small buttons in the bone dry dirt using Park. Three of the buttons were found withthe stock setting of Reactivity of 2.5 and one at the end when I checked the site using aReactivity on 4. Other than that, it was just the stock settings. Lesson learned is that I need to challenge my own assumptions more often.

Drew I think you use Park, but do you use it in the colonial iron ?

Jeff

Donnie B
08-14-2022, 07:55 PM
I used my Deus 2 for the first time since I bought it over a month ago. I'm really loving Deep High Conductor. It's so much more stable than Deep on the Deus 1. I made my own custom program with it.

I also really love the noise cancel feature. I was hunting next to power lines and it purred like a kitten.

I think I am going to love this machine but I need to get it in some iron around a cellar hole to be sure. I'm keeping one of my Deus 1's for backup. I had two Deus 1's and sold one of them.

Lodge Scent
08-14-2022, 09:15 PM
:lol: OK OK OK Dan. You shamed me into posting a pic!

https://i.imgur.com/DpN9SIy.jpg

del
08-15-2022, 04:47 AM
:clapping::clapping:Very well done !

badgers325
08-16-2022, 04:29 PM
I believe too! Congrats on the buttons. Always nice to find things at a pounded out place (even though I know it wasn't the point of the post). I will have to try some of the stock settings on the CTX. I am so stuck on the program that I did, but it does well. The $10,000 question is: What am I missing?