PDA

View Full Version : 70 Yr Old Concession Stand

OxShoeDrew
09-19-2022, 02:57 PM
I spent the last few weeks going to a concession stand at a beach. I spent 90 min each morning. The actual beach gave up nothing...I spent a week on the outer banks last year and also found NOTHING! My beach skills are lacking!!:shocked01:
But, I hit the grass above the beach where kids lined up since the early 50s to buy goodies. Everything was SUPER deep but with the D2 it was child's play :lol:
The place has been hit by generations of hunters. I know because locals are telling me they hit it, and their parents "spent hours there." They cleared out all the clad and memorials!! With the D2 I found 10 wheats one day in 90 mins. That's only the 2nd war nickel I've ever found! But also, that's the 2nd Green River token I've found :lol: Those things are 50cent size!
The musket, cuff button, cufflinks, toe tap, butter knife, license tag, and whiskey token were found at a cellar hole.
Thanks for looking!

Digger_O'Dell
09-19-2022, 03:30 PM
Very nice! Much like my zoo hunting grounds, those old concession stand areas can really pay off!

Mr. Digger
09-19-2022, 03:36 PM
Nice work! I wish I could get excited about hunting on (or near) the beach. It just doesn't do anything for me. I'll take a cellar hole any day over the beach!

Bucknut
09-20-2022, 07:30 AM
Great finds! And congrats on your second ever war nik! Looks like you had fun and it it obvious the D2 gave you an advantage over previous hunters there.