PDA

View Full Version : WORTHLESS COPPER AT CELLAR HOLE

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-23-2010, 06:08 PM
got out for a bit with Gary. found 2 sites.one had a cool root or wine cellar built into a hillside next to cellar hole :huh: maybe it was a tomb :shocked04: who know's :confused:
I found 2 buttons and a blank large copper.slightly bent and worn beyond recognition crying01
Gary dug a braided hair large cent 1848 i think and another war of 1812 Excelsior button.this is like the 3rd one he's pulled on a hunt together and i'm still hopin for my 1st :confused:
any ideas what the copper may be based on the grams? same diameter as a draped bust large cent but no clue what it coulda been :confused:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-23-2010, 06:10 PM
more pics

coinnut
09-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Worthless copper?? lol When a man is in a drought, he should take what he gets rofl I'd take that copper ;) At least you got out and had a good hunt. I checked the books and you are not allowed any Excelsior buttons until 2012 :cheesysmile: Be patient my friend. A GW trumps a War of 1812 button any day. 8.4 grams is a really low for a Draped Bust. I think they are in the 13's. But a Connecticut is around 9.7. So unless the Drapped Bust can shed that much weight (and that may be possible?), it's probably a colonial. How did Gary's 1848 look? If it was real bad, then maybe yours could have lost enough weight, but I doubt it. Nice looking area.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Worthless copper?? lol When a man is in a drought, he should take what he gets rofl I'd take that copper ;) At least you got out and had a good hunt. I checked the books and you are not allowed any Excelsior buttons until 2012 :cheesysmile: Be patient my friend. A GW trumps a War of 1812 button any day. 8.4 grams is a really low for a Draped Bust. I think they are in the 13's. But a Connecticut is around 9.7. So unless the Drapped Bust can shed that much weight (and that may be possible?), it's probably a colonial. How did Gary's 1848 look? If it was real bad, then maybe yours could have lost enough weight, but I doubt it. Nice looking area.

lol no i'll take the copper! just hate when ya can't identify it.kinda sucks ya know what i mean?
it's a colonial coin for sure alot thinner than a draped bust but same exact diameter.gary's braided hair lost the detail after he used warm water and a soft toothbrush.
i know the GW trumps those NY buttons but,i just want one dag nammit :yes:

RobW
09-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Cool area, would have loved to have found a place like that when I was a kid to play in, or as a teen to get into trouble, or as an adult to do exactly what you are...my how things change when we get old. Nice finds.

del
09-24-2010, 09:25 PM
it kinda sucks ya know what i mean?

really for a guy who was just begging crying01 crying01 for a copper for the last few weeks and after finding one then complains its not a prestine chain cent . :rolleyes: lol lol

i know the GW trumps those NY buttons but,i just want one dag nammit :yes:

then are we gonna hear you p!$$ and moan about it because its in rough shape. :poke: :poke:

a crappy copper trumps no copper at all, my friend. :peace:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-25-2010, 06:39 AM
geesh! talk about makin a mountain outta a mole hill rofl :behave:
i was merely just stating a fact bucko! after all it is just a worthless copper but a copper none the less! :beerbuddy:

coinnut
09-25-2010, 11:16 PM
after all it is just a worthless copper but a copper none the less! :beerbuddy:

lol OK we are docking your copper count &quot:daydream:ne worthless copper you should be at 25 + 1 junkie copper now lol