PDA

View Full Version : 1821 Capped Bust Dime!

Donnie B
10-10-2022, 06:31 AM
I ran into some guys metal detecting a field about five minutes from my house. My powers of persuasion garnered me an invite to join them. I haven't been out much this summer. Work is getting in my way. However, I have been out enough to figure out that my tried and true custom Pitch Programs from the Deus 1 do not work for me on the Deus 2. I couldn't figure out how to keep the Deus 2 from falsing on nail beds in my Pitch Programs.

I'm now running my own custom 5 tone programs in Fast, Deep High Conductor and Sensitive with negative discrimination. I can't believe how smooth the Deus 2 runs in Deep High Conductor. My Deus 1 never ran smooth in Deep.

Yesterday, I found my very first Capped Bust Dime at a depth of at least 8 - 9 inches! :omg:7048570486 I also found my first Classic Head Large Cent and this coin was somewhere between 10 - 12 inches down.70487 Both targets were "whispers" on my custom Deep HC program but good enough to dig. I really can't believe how deep and stable the Deus 2 is and look forward to revisiting old sites in the future. Finally, here's a pic of the guys who couldn't resist my powers of persuasion.70488

OxShoeDrew
10-10-2022, 07:13 AM
WOW! Great coin! Can you get a better pic? Congrats!! Isn't Deep HC ridiculous? I've gone back to old hunted out parks after we finally got rain this summer and cleaned up the deep silver. I can bump up the sense and the thing is quiet as a church mouse. I also mostly use Deep HC and 5tone fast. I haven't worked with Sensitive yet. What scenario do you use it?

Donnie B
10-10-2022, 09:20 AM
WOW! Great coin! Can you get a better pic? Congrats!! Isn't Deep HC ridiculous? I've gone back to old hunted out parks after we finally got rain this summer and cleaned up the deep silver. I can bump up the sense and the thing is quiet as a church mouse. I also mostly use Deep HC and 5tone fast. I haven't worked with Sensitive yet. What scenario do you use it?

I can't believe how stable that Deep High Conductor runs. It's so much more stable than the Deus 1 in Deep. I run my custom Five Tone Sensitive Program in really heavy iron. I use Negative Discrimination (-3.4) on 5 tone Fast, 5 tone Deep HC, and 5 tone Sensitive among other tweaks. Here's a couple of better pics.7048970490

Tony Two-Cent
10-10-2022, 01:27 PM
Huge congrats, Donnie! Was it a grassy field or a farm field?

That 1821 Capped Bust Dime is a beauty! It's in wonderful condition. They sure don't turn up often.

How did the Classic Head clean up? I'd love to see some photos of it after cleaning.

:congrats:

del
10-10-2022, 03:45 PM
Wow ... I can't tell if those guys behind you are genuinely happy or just smiling while quietly planning a good beating on you after the picture :lol:

congrats on the capped bust dime and classic large cent my friend .

Dan

Donnie B
10-10-2022, 04:24 PM
Wow ... I can't tell if those guys behind you are genuinely happy or just smiling while quietly planning a good beating on you after the picture :lol:

congrats on the capped bust dime and classic large cent my friend .

Dan
The two older gentlemen didn't find anything and are no doubt plotting my imminent demise. :lolsign: The younger guy (with the big smile) found a Classic Head Large Cent and a 1783 Half Reale so he's happy.

Huge congrats, Donnie! Was it a grassy field or a farm field?

That 1821 Capped Bust Dime is a beauty! It's in wonderful condition. They sure don't turn up often.

How did the Classic Head clean up? I'd love to see some photos of it after cleaning.

:congrats:

It's a grassy field that I have passed by a million times as it's only five minutes from my house. Apparently, there was a home on the site back in the day. The Classic Head was toasty but identifiable. I won't get a date off it. Here's some pics: 704917049270493

The Rebel
10-10-2022, 05:41 PM
WTG Don on a spectacular coin!
My guess is that's the 1st & last hunt with those guys:lolsign:

Lodge Scent
10-10-2022, 05:53 PM
Tis a beauty Donnie B. ! Yeah you can tell those guys just finished arguing over who gets to punch you in the head first.

Digger_O'Dell
10-10-2022, 06:03 PM
Wow, that's quite the coin, congrats! Thinking those guys plotting to not only beat you up but to also steal that Deus! :lolsign:

calabash digger
10-10-2022, 06:07 PM
Thats a good un!!

Donnie B
10-10-2022, 06:50 PM
WTG Don on a spectacular coin!
My guess is that's the 1st & last hunt with those guys:lolsign:

Nah, they think I'm some sort of numismatic guru. No idea where they got that idea.

Tis a beauty Donnie B. ! Yeah you can tell those guys just finished arguing over who gets to punch you in the head first.

Why does everyone want to beat me up? Lol!

Wow, that's quite the coin, congrats! Thinking those guys plotting to not only beat you up but to also steal that Deus! :lolsign:

They can beat me up but anyone that touches the Deus II is a dead man. Lol.

Thats a good un!!

Thanks man!

badgers325
10-11-2022, 02:35 PM
Congrats Donnie!!!

Bucknut
10-12-2022, 09:02 AM
Yeah that is a fantastic old US silver! Great condition too. I have found one capped bust dime and it was also an 1821 but completely slicked out.

Tony Two-Cent
10-12-2022, 09:14 AM
I think that's a Matron Head.

del
10-12-2022, 02:02 PM
I think that's a Matron Head.

Tony is on fire , pretty soon i'll be asking him what some of my finds are :yes:

Jeff (or)
10-12-2022, 10:35 PM
Donnie, killer find! that is EXCELLENT!!!!!!

Jeff in Ca.

CTTodd
12-08-2022, 02:32 PM
Nice coin Donnie

Donnie B
12-11-2022, 05:02 PM
Donnie, killer find! that is EXCELLENT!!!!!!

Jeff in Ca.

Nice coin Donnie

Thanks! Loving the Deus II.